My New Notebook

This is my new budget notebook 2015 which I bought at P20.00 @ Bente Store last year (obvious naman ang price di ba, bente store kasi e, heheh). I have develop a habit of writing down all my expenses in a notebook last year so I can easily sort & track down my daily cash expenses.
On the first part of my notebook are my daily expenses-from transportation, food, personal, home, & other daily miscellaneous expenses that I regularly encounter everyday. I uses a code each so I can accomodate all of it in one page.
1st Part
The first panel is for Dates.
& next is For TRANSPORTATION : M=morning & E=evening.
Then For FOOD : L=lunch, S=snack, D=dinner
Then For PERSONAL : He=Health, CL=cloth/Hy=hygiene, Lo=cellphone load
Then For MISCELLANEOUS : Ho=home, EF=emergencies, Etc=etc.
The last panel is for the total expenses I had for a day.
(Last year I was able to total my yearly expenses for transpo, food, & misc - I just forgot to bring my old notebook today).
2nd Part
The second part of my notebook is for my 365 days church/serve goal. As part of my goal this year, I made a chart again so I can track down If I completed it or not. Notice that I have an amount on the rightmost part panel, that's for emergencies sometimes our relative from the province ask for some financial support, if I want to donate some amount & the weekly obligations to church.  I already set aside little portions of my money last December for church/serve goal.
Third Part
The third part of my notebook are for my personal expenses, I want to know how much I spend on every personal hygiene & other personal stuffs expenses I spend for a month or a year.

I have a monotonous lifestyle routine. I do have an android cp & a tablet where I can easily look for a budget template & download it in a playstore but I cant find the right one that suits what I want or I can have an excel file for it but like I said before I'm an idiot to excel software (parang nakakalito kasi ang excel, I'll probably ask my officemate to teach me some basics). So I resorted again to an oldskul way - writing down on my notebook. I'm a bit outdated to use a notebook especially nowadays where gadget for every Filipinos are already a common part of our daily lives but as long as it's an effective tool for personal finance I'll continue doing it.

I'm not feeling well (parang may lagnat sa loob) but I'm still working today, already took biogesic pero ayaw pa rin akong pawisan kakainis, good thing I decided to write a blog, medyo nabaling ang isip ko, instead of thinking that I'm not well. Just waiting for few more jobs to be delivered & I'll be heading home.


Have a great day everyone! God Bless :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm currently using Expense Manager (the one with the blue icon) sa Android. So far ok naman, I like that it has a widget para kita ko na agad sa home screen yung expenses ko so far for the week/ month/ and year-to-date. Naaliw din ako na pwede sya i-extract to excel. Tapos meron nang pre-defined categories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input, subukan ko hanapin sya & at the same time mag-aaral muna siguro ako ng excel software.

      Delete
  2. I use Good Budget for our non-fixed expenses. It's basically the envelope system where I pre-set the monthly budget per category and login the expenses as they arise. So far it's been helpful because with just one look I can already tell if we're spending too much on one category, so hinay-hinay muna para umabot ang budget until the end of the month.

    Of course before I used Good Budget, I already had a monthly budget so I knew how much we could afford to allot per category then yung non-fixed expenses nga are tracked using Good Budget.

    Kanya-kanyang style talaga when it comes to budgeting and personal finance, that's why it's so interesting to read about how others manage their finances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga mam jill, kanya kayang gamay siguro. Hindi pa ko sanay sa mga budget software sa cp ko kaya sa old fashion style sa notebook pa rin ako bumabalik ng budgeting :)

      Thanks mam jill, Happy New Year po!

      Delete
  3. I am like you. I prefer the old fashion way because it is handy for me.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ako rin. kahit saan ako dala ko notebook ko, kaya pag nasa jip ako at trapik, nakakasingit ako ng sulat at compute ng expenses ako. Pag nasa mall ako at may binili ako at ginastos, sulat agad :-)

      Delete