Justifying my wants vs. my needs

Yes, I violated my own rule again, an attempt to a "No spending plan this year" is a failure again.

The #17 on my "Personal Improvement Goal" will be erase on my list again, because I bought these items 2 weeks ago. Why? simply because I'm happy & just one day to splurge on the things I want & also needed. The bonding my mother & I shared @ the mall, fitting some clothes while laughing & looking at ourselves in front of a mirror are one of the moments that I treasure a lot.
That was last thursday, I was happy that day the result of my transvi ultrasound was good, my endemetriosis got smaller again & I finally completed the three (3) shots of cervical vaccine as part of my goal this year. Then we went to Greenbelt church first before heading to Landmark. And finally these are the result of our happiness with a little justification on why I bought it.

* Two (2) Maong Pants @ P 269.75 each - total = P 539.75
I love wearing jeans seven days a week. At work, from mondays thru saturdays since our uniforms are polo shirts which only requires to be wear for three days (monday, wednesday & friday) & the rest of the days are up to us. Even on Sundays @ church when we attend the mass & @ the mall too. So you see, most of my maong pants are "laspag na" since I've been using them for 7  days a week & 365 days a year :)
*I bought 2 blouse @ Landmark costs P 229.75 each - total = P 459.50 
The last blouse I bought last Dec 31 (our new year polkadot blouse) & the P50 blouse I bought @ palengke (this has been my favorite blouse these past few months). But since I turned 40 last January 17, I feel that I must now make an extra effort to look good. Being single @ the age of 40, I realized that I'm not getting any younger & that I need to be aware of my looks now.
* Lastly, I bought 2 pairs of flat shoes @ SM (buy 1 take 1) @ 399.75 - total = P 399.75
I bought 2 flat shoes last year (see this post) @ 129 each, and it's been my favorite shoes because they are so light & comfortable to wear but they are a bit worn out already. So I decided to buy another 2 pairs again.


My mother also bought 1 blouse that day at Landmark at P 287.75 & a Parisian sandal @ SM for only P 249.75, but I wasn't able to take a picture of it.


Last week, I wore my new clothes, new pants & new shoes @ Serendra and my mother is my photographer here, hahah - modelling lang po ang peg, pagbigyan nyo na :) and of course we have some selfies but my mother doesn't want to have it posted here.

Though I've violated my "No Spending Rule"My 1000 peso Spending Rule still remains, as you can see no items were bought above P 1,000 pesos.

And as promised on my "No Spending Rule Plan" post that I will sum up all the expenses I made last year on my personal apparels. The total expenses I made written on my blog was P 2,364.75 ( footwear = 1,446, blouse = 149.75, undergarments = 200.00, bags = 569.00 ) plus I only bought 1 blouse worth P 50.00 on a nearby market (which is my favorite blouse as I have been wearing it every week - I regret I only bought one), 1 polkadot blouse for new year worth P 100.00 and  2 pairs of slippers ( buy one take 1 @ 99.00 ) which brings me to a total of P 2,613.75  worth for 1 year.

Now the challenge for me is to SPEND LESS than (P 2,613.75) the total of what I have spent last year. As of now the total expenses I made was P 1,399 for all the items shown above.

Go for the Goals again!

Life is short & time is valuable, let's take advantage of it.
Because no amount of money can compensate the delight it gives to ourselves & our loved ones once in a while.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Dahil sa post mo na 'to, namiss ko bigla ang Landmark! Haha. Justified naman pala, Grace. Paminsan minsan we really have to reward ourselves for a job well done. And enjoy the bonding moments with your mother! Masaya din ako pag kabonding ko ang parents ko, especially my very funny and fashionista mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinabi mo pa ms edel, mas fashionista pa nga ang nanay ko sa akin kasi mas madalas pang bumili ng damit at bag sa akin, heheh......pero masaya talaga at yung kasi ang libangan ng nanay ko.....Pero mukhang mababawasan na ang mall time namin kasi malilibang na sa apo nya ngayon, heheh.....

      Delete
  2. Don't beat yourself up with occasional indulgence. We need this sometimes to keep the balance between our financial goals and present living. :-) this keeps us sane.

    ReplyDelete