I'm officially 40 yrs old

It's January 17, 2015 - just an ordinary day @ work but this is an extraordinary day for me.
Hey, it's my birthday today & I'm officially 40 years old. It's been a year since I wrote my first blogpost " January 17, 2014 ", and for 365 days I have documented most of my financial journey here.
Looking back and reviewing all my goals that I have achieved I can say those 365 days have been not only fulfilling but challenging as well.
As I looked back on a few chapters of my life, I've learned to recognize all the lessons those experiences have taught me and appreciate one of the most important factor in a world of finance "TIME".

"Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $ 86,400. 
It carries over no balance from day to day. 
Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. 
What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course.
Each of us has such a bank.
It's name is TIME. 
Every morning it credits with 86,400 seconds. 
Every night it writes off as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.
It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. 
Each day it opens a new account for you. 
Each night it burns the remains of the day. 
If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours. 
There is no drawing against “tomorrow”. 
You must live in the present on todays deposits. 
Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success. 
The clock is running. Make the most of today."


As what the bible says:
11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.                                                    Ecclesiastes 3 : 11- 14


Life begins @ 40 as what other says but for me it's the start of my maturity - a wiser, stronger and a prettier me, oopps walang kokontra. Hey I need to make an extra effort here, I don't want to look "losyang" even if I'm forty.

As I start a new chapter of my life - new set of goals were already written here, new directions were set and new focus was made and hopefully with God's grace & wisdom, He'll continue to guide me in every step of my journey.

God Bless Everyone!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday Grace! Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday! Cheers. Thank you for being such an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huli man ang pagbati ko, isang malagiyang kaarawan sa iyo Grace! Salamat sa mga kwento mo na maraming naituro sa akin (at sa iba pa).
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maraming salamat din sa yong pagbati. Nakakatuwa na kahit papaano sa simpleng pagbahagi ng aking mga kwento may naituro ako sa iyo. God bless din :)

      Delete
  4. Belated happy bday ms grace! Keep on inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Grace! Indeed, life starts at 40. Go, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ms edel, hay grabe ang takot ko last year na pagdating ko ng age of 40 wala pa rin nangyayari sa akin. Good thing I started blogging, now everything makes sense & starting to fall into places. I am now beginning to live a life now with open mind & open heart. Thanks again & God Bless !!!

      Delete
  6. Belated! Am almost done back reading your posts. Great blog! Keep on being an inspiration to us! Salamat! cherx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks for appreciating my blog :) Pagpasensyahan mo na lang siguro hindi maayos yung ibang post ko - I'm a work in progress pa with regards to financial matters. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated happy birthday.

    I always believe that age is just a state of mind and numbers that scare you off.

    So don't worry.. :-)

    ReplyDelete