When Health Problem Strikes In : Part 2 -Second Opinion, Acceptance, Preparation and Second Thoughts


Second Opinion
           After four days of confusion and indenial I need to get my senses back, so we went back to the hospital at around 6am - the required time for patients in charity ward to fall in for social service and check up. I was interviewed first at social service office and was given a requirements (brgy certificate of indigency, certificate of no property in city assessors office, proof of billing and my brother's payslip) for it before we went to another OB check up. Another doctor checked me up and somehow my worries lessen a little bit - here are some of her words and medical diagnosis,:

        "Miss Grace, parang dermoid cysts sya medyo malaki talaga yan at napansin ko movable yung cyst mo kaya di mo siguro nakakapa noon kasi minsan nagtatago pero mas maigi na movable sya kasi possible na benign yan at hindi malignant. Pero still operation is required, to rule out the possibility of malignancy and another thing malaki na ang cyst mo kelangan tanggalin kasi me possibility gumalaw at ma-twist sa ovary, mas delikado yun pag nagkataon."

Acceptance & Preparation
         I was relieved but I can't be too complacent because I still need to undergo operation and find out what's that cyst inside me. Now that I have convinced my mind that I really need to undergo operation, I can say that am prepared mentally but not financially - 60k to 100k is still needed for the operation in charity ward atleast it lowered 50% than its initial estimated amount of 120k to 180k that was given to us but only If I'll be approve in social service.

          My mother was a bit pessimistic again and we were again arguing about it. She was saying, "kung kulang savings mo mangutang na lang tayo ng pandagdag para maoperahan ka agad" and I answered - "hindi yun ang punto at di dapat ganun agad agad ang decision, kapag nabaon tayo ng utang sa operation ko, anong isusunod nyo, wala pa naman akong trabaho? pano kung malignant? kung hindi naman pano ako makakarecover agad na alam kong naghahagilap kayo ng pera sa ibang gamot kong kailangan at sa mga susunod pang kailangan." My mother, got my point. I do understand that my mother is in panic, we know how mother's react when it comes to the needs of her children. But I remind her, "Ma, kelangan ko yung tatag at maayos na disposisyon nyo." Wag kayong mag-panic at mag "nega" agad."  I know my mother's strength as well as her weakness and I know she's a tough mom in dealing with these kind of problem.
       
          I was able to get Brgy Certificate of Indigency, my brother (our bunso) was able to get Certification of property from city assesor through his friend who works there and I was able to submit all the requirements after a week and was approved and given a blue card afterwards.
     
         The doctor then gave me requests for the laboratory exam (ecg, xray and blood chem) which are pre requisites for the operation. After complying with those lab exams I went to the other doctor to present the lab results for clearance and was already approved. I was then scheduled on Friday for operation and will be admitted at the hospital tomorrow Nov 30.
     Last Monday, I also brought my blood donors in compliance also for my operation, it was also the day I found out that I passed the licensure exam for teacher.

Second Thoughts
       To be honest, I am still having second thoughts on that operation even though another doctor gave me an unsolicited advice last week, "hey, you need to undergo operation to remove that cyst inside - "hindi na yan matutunaw - 12cm x 19 cm malaking cyst yan at kelangan matanggal. I've research for the dermoid cyst (hope it is really a dermoid cyst only)and I was surprised to find out something - funny because it can have teeth, hair, bone, thyroid, sebaceous content etc. but risky because it can rupture with spillage of greasy content and can create much more problem inside.
      I thought of laparoscopy operation but I know that it is much more expensive. I bought carica papaya extract, magoosteen capsule, and honey because I was still hoping that it can make my cyst smaller and I was dreaming that operation will not pursue but hell no, it will proceed as schedule. My mother knows that I am trying to make an alibi to cover my fear. Tomorrow is really "the day - to face my fear."

 Just sharing again.
This is my third blog post to publish today.
Forgive me guys, I need to keep my mind busy to forget my fear.

10 comments:

  1. Hi sis, good luck sa operation mo and sana benign lang yan. Ako nga maliit lang yung cyst na pinatanggal ko sa likod ko pero natakot pa rin ako. Haha. Lalo na yung sinabi ng doctor na i'biopsy. Thank God benign ang lumabas. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis, gusto ko na rin makaraos para mawala na tong ka-praningan ng utak ko at sana benign din. Buti sa yo sa likod lang e, ako opera para na akong iceasarian nito e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your recovery. Sana benign din siya. Lakasan mo loob mo, Ms Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ms. Jacqui, Yun ang pinagdadasal ko talaga - sana benign nga. Thanks again sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray for you sis. Hope everything will be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot sis, sana nga maging okay lahat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for a positive outcome za iyong pagsubok, ms Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ms. Grace,
    I too had a dermoid cyst removed last 2011 . As per advice , its best talaga to have it removed then immediately examined by the oncologist . Buti ka nga you had it checked agad. I only knew noong nagbleeding na ako, I was rushed to the ER since di ko na makaya ang sakit. This was caused by ovarian torsion which was a complication of the cysts. To add more sa burden may problem din pala so they removed my fallopian tube on the other side. Good thing was that benign yun mass.
    Much like you, pumasok talaga sa isip ko that was the doom of my womanhood. Amazingly after 3 years the “leftover” portion of my ovary the surgeon salvaged, recovered and infact grew .I was bearing eggcells too thus confirms na pwede pa akong magkaanak. True enough I now have a super active two year old now.
    As for money matter I’m sure magiging burden iyan but better talaga humugot sa perang naitago kung meyroon keysa mangutang. For Philhealth , I think may program ang city government to sponsor “indigent” residents’ philhealth or parang pwede bayaran yung as volunteer contribution ng lump so you can be eligible sa benefit. If you still pay your SSS , I think you can avail of their sickness benefit. I hope you can look in to these options Ms. Grace. Sana makahelp
    Keep calm and have faith ms. Grace. God is bigger than our problems. I’m sure after getting thru this you’ll be back on your journey towards becoming “Graciously Rich” .
    I will keep reading on and know that I root for you. Thank you for inspiring us .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience. Unfortunately, mine is not dermoid cyst. Thanks for all the tips, Really appreciate it.

      Delete