Home Improvement - DIY part 2

                                                   DAY 3 (April 5, Wednesday)

         Yesterday, while I was painting, one of our neighbor made a remark " Wow, ikaw na talaga ang nagpintura ha!...kunsabagay mahal na ang labor." I replied, "magkano na po ba ang bayad sa nagpi-finishing ngayon?...and he answered, "P700 na ang pinakamura at yung assistant or laborer P500, wala pa ang pang-meryenda at materyales dun." Grabe, malaki pa sa sahod ng minimum. I asked because my initial plan was to hire a laborer to apply finishing on the front side of our house only. Good thing I decided to do it on my own. You can just imagine the cost of labor and materials today. I'll just spend on the painting materials rather than hire a finisher & laborer to do it.

        Yesterday, I applied some base paint and since our house has a rough finishing texture, I wanted to smoothen it a little bit, "di po kasi maayos ang rough finish nung harapan namin, pahabol na trabaho kasi yun ." I bought 2 kilos of patching compound in a nearby hardware and another liter of flat latex paint in Ace hardware. I also bought another paint brush because I know I will be needing it later on.

Latex Paint and Paint Brush
mixture of patching compound & latex paint I used as "masilya"
result of my hardwork
         Here's the closer look of our house today. I'm not a pro, but I did my best here. I was able to apply the mixture on the two sides of the gate, top side is not included. I started around 6:30 am and finished by 12 pm.
 proof of my hardwork
Total expenses today
           I am not through with my home improvement project. I still need to buy another liter of latex paint tomorrow for some patching work and another quick dry enamel paint for the gate. I will be looking for other color and design that I will apply later on.


Have a great day guys!
God Bless!

15 comments:

  1. Laki ng iginanda after mapinturahan. Kindly share din kung anong kulay mapipili mo sa gate ah :).

    Mahal na rin talaga ngayon ang labor. At mukhang madali lang naman magpintura. Magawa nga rin sa amin para tipid hehe.

    Thanks for sharing. Nakakainspire kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di nga maganda sis kasi, ang daming uka kasi haragan yung pag rough finish dyan nun, hirap ipantay kaya best effort na lang akong ipantay.

    Grabe mahal ng labor at materyales sis higit sa triple na, ngayon ko na-realize almost 16 years na pala mula nung nagpagawa kami ng bahay nyan kaya malabo na makapagawa ng bahay ngayon, yung kaya ko na lang ang gagawin ko para maayos ng konti ang itsura nung bahay namin.

    Thanks for dropping by sis, I really appreciate it. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello miss grace! bilib talaga ako sa yo...tinalo mo pa si lumen sa diskarte sa buhay,hehehe...i've been following your blog for a long time already, siguro 2 years na, and i'm really enjoying reading your blog...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks a lot, nakakataba ng puso ang comment mo. Thanks for patiently reading my blogs and enjoying it even if its not really financially related. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pwede din po ba enamel paint ehalo sa patching compound? sa wood ako mag mamasilya

    ReplyDelete
  6. pwede din po ba enamel paint ehalo sa patching compound? sa wood ako mag mamasilya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry sir, late reply. Water based po yung patching compound. Di po pede sa thinner based. Thinner base kasi ang enamel.

      Delete
  7. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    microwaves repair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again juanjuergens, It is only today that I notice your comment. Thank you so much for patiently reading my blog. God Bless.

      Delete
  8. The building beside IKEA is going through finishing touches. Although no official announcement has been made by the developer, steam shower spray

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also bought another paint brush because I know I will be needing it later on. guesthouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also visiting this site regularly, this web site is really nice and the users are genuinely sharing good thoughts. http://www.spinellihomeimprovements.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. corner toilet tank are mostly used in smaller bathrooms where people try to make use of limited available to them, they come fitted with a triangular tank to fit into the wall crevice, hence they are also referred to as triangle toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quality expert temporary workers esteem great correspondence. Tarpon Springs house painters The significance a contractual worker puts on correspondence will provide you another insight into his center esteems.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Find a list of the best mortgage brokers close to you. Mortgage Brokers with secondary financing options. We find fast solutions for even high risk mortgages home improvement mortgages

    ReplyDelete