Home Improvement - DIY part 1

         Now that I am unemployed, I will be posting more blogs than the usual. After the stressful week of our demo teaching and completion of the records of the students, I let myself rest for a while without thinking of my current situation of being unemployed. But I only let myself be that way for two weeks and now I am back to reality. Last Saturday, while I was breathing some fresh air outside our house, my eyes were pinned on the front view of our house, that's the time I decided why not make a little improvement on it.
 DAY 1 (April 3, Monday)
          This is our house and I always say that " it may not look beautiful but for me it is the most beautiful house in the world, "dugo't pawis ang puhunan namin nung ginawa yan." I know how expensive it is to build or improve a house and with my current financial situation today I know that its not possible. But since I really wanted improve the appearance of our house I decided to do it myself.


        So last saturday, we went to market market mall and I bought a flat latex paint as a primer and a paint brush. I looked for some of my old tool stuffs and found some roller & tray that can be use in applying the latex paint. I also found latex paint remains with approx 1 liter content while searching for other old stuffs beside our house. And because latex paint is water based I was able to use its remaining content.


        So that's the outcome of my labor, I started around 7am and finish at 1pm so it only took 6 hours to apply that primer latex finish. I only spent a total of P 129.75 for latex paint & paintbrush since I still have these leftover latex paint.

DAY 2 (April 4, Tuesday)
        I also patch the area near our water meter with a mixture of cement and sand and would you believe that it took me 3 hours to do that. "Nakakapagod pa lang mag-misla ng semento kahit konti lang." I spent P27 for 3 kilos of cement and sand is free since my brother still has some stock of sand left.
         Yes, I did that  but just the half area only, o di ba - pede na akong laborer sa construction kaso di ko mapantay, e :).
          I spent a total of P 156.75 for two days for materials and of course the labor is free. 
Breakdown of expenses for two days
       I still got lots of plans improving our house but for now I only want to paint the front area of our house and I'll do it one task at a time. Hope it will have a beautiful outcome.


Till then!
God Bless & Have a great day ahead!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, pwede sa inyo ang per kilong cement? Winner yun ah.
    May mga projects din ako sa bahay this coming Holy Week. Kami lang ng mga kapatid ko ang gagawa para tipid hehehe. Sana free sila those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, pedeng bumili ng tingi na per kilo. Pag-aayos muna ng bahay ang pagkakaabalahan ko habang wala akong trabaho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellu! Wow! Ikaw talaga gumawa? Galing. Been thinking of doing the same for the longest while, but baka maweirduhan mga tawo sa akin. So di ko pa nagagawa. Di pala ako nag.iisa, haha. Anyway, super moronic question, but anong proportion ng cement, sand, at tubig? Salamat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ako nag-experiment ako mag-isa. Inaasar nga ako ng mga kapitbahay ko pag nakikita nila ako nag-aayos ako sa labas ng bahay namin. Actually, tantyahan lang pero approx 1:3 ang ratio ng cement at sand at sa tubig tinatanya ko na lang paghalo ko. Thanks for dropping by! God Bless.

      Delete
  4. which is to collect boxes scattered around the level. This realization brings many more deaths. shower panel tower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up your good industries around your home... it will pay off in a more beautiful home and source of pride for your efforts will be with you for years to come. Malabanan Siphoning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a nice job you did, I hope you will keep it up and also the telling us all about it too! septic services

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ll right away grab your rss as I can’t find your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks. best dehumidifier

    ReplyDelete