My Enrollment Experience

As part of my personal improvement goals, my priority this year is to study again so I got myself enrolled last week in TUP where I graduated my 3yr technical course. I enrolled for BTTE ( Bachelor of Technical Teacher Education ) - a ladderized course intended for the k12 program.

Am I happy?.......Yes of course, I have taken one step towards my goal but as I entered the school campus for enrollment last week I got a little nervous and my mind starts questioning myself, "Kayanin ko pa kayang mag-aral? Makasabay pa kaya ako? " Hey I'm forty years old and after 21 years I'll be going back to school where most of my classmates will be 20 years younger than me. But then how will I know If I still can If I'm not going to pursue it so I proceeded.

Day 1 (Monday)
During the assessment, I almost failed the qualifications because of lack of credits on some of my subjects but I was still approved by the department head when he reviewed my form. And since I have reached the desired units (57 units are required & I got a total of 63 units on my technical subjects) required for the course, finally the assist. director approved my enrollment.
Day 2 (Tuesday)
There were also some minor problems that I encounter during the registrations because I failed to produce the requirements (medical test, drug test & certificate of employment) immediately. But the good thing about it was it has given me the courage to tell my boss about my plan to study and asked him for a Certificate of Employment.  I thought he was gonna fire me if he found out about my plan but so glad he answered "okay, saka na tayo mag-usap ng schedule kapag naka-enroll ka na". A big relief for me because I'd still be needing some financial back up and I still love my work of course. 
Day 3 (Thursday)
After the approval & submission of all the requirements, finally I am enrolled. The total expenses I had for this enrollment was P 5,647.00 ( P 5,227.00 for the tuition fee & P 420.00 for the medical & drug test). My first school day will be on June 3, 2015.

At forty, I still don't know what I really want in my life, what's my real passion & what's my real purpose here on earth. I am having some doubts today If I can surpass the financial challenges & difficulties that I will encounter in the future but then, how will I know If I don't take those risks? I have been weighing the pros & cons of my decision and still studying has a greater advantage in the future than being stuck up at my present work.

As I promised myself this year, I will be exploring my limits and taking some risks. I don't know where my decisions will lead me but I do hope & pray that God will continue to guide me in every step of my journey.


Just Sharing!
God Bless Everyone :)

12 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats! I admire your courage and determination, Grace. I have a strong feeling magiging maganda ang resulta ng hakbang na ito sa buhay mo. Tama ka, if hindi magte-take ng risk, paano malalaman if magwowork ang isang bagay, diba? Pati tuloy ako excited sa back-to-school journey mo. Update us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medyo ninenerbiyos talaga ako, I hope ma-survive ko tong pinasukan kong to, thanks for the support ms edel. Ang iniisip kailangan ko ng sumugal talaga dahil kailangan malaman talaga sa sarili ko kung ano talaga ang gusto ko sa buhay para magkaron na ako ng tamang direksyon :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!! Kayang kaya yan! :D

    Nung college pa ko, may mga kaklase dn akong mas matanda na. Hindi ko naman alam kung 40 na sila, pero yung isa may asawa't anak na. Yung ibang barkada ko dn, mga ilang years yung agwat sa age namin.

    Pinak nakakabilib yung isa, mas matanda na working student pa.

    Di ko na appreciate yung ginagawa nila dati, pero pag naiisip ko ngayon nakakabilib sila.

    Sigurado ko parehas ka dn. Bak may konting gusot lang paminsan minsan pero ayus lang. Yakang yaka yan:D

    Congrats ulit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sir carlos, sana kayanin ko. Iba kasi pag nagkaka-edad na (take note-nagkaka-edad lang ang word hindi tumatanda, heheh) medyo nagkukulang na ang brain cells na gumagana, heheh. Buti na lang hindi ko na kailangan balikan ang mga math subjects ko (trigo, geometry at calculus) talagang di ko na kakayaning mag-aral.
      Sa ngayon, susugal ako kailangan alamin ko ang capacity ng utak ko, heheh.

      Delete
  3. I am happy for this new journey of your life Ms Grace :) Congratz!Kayang kaya yan! God Be With You Always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support sis, nauunahan ako ng takot pero walang atrasan na to :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats Grace! Keep us updated on your journey to becoming Teacher Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the support mam jill, I will :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, ang galing. Congrats Miss Grace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace, fellow TUPian here, ang mahal na pala ng tuition ngayon, kami before 500+ lang tapos dati nakakadiscount ako kasi member ako ng dance troupe kaya 300+ na lang binabayaran ko 2003 grad ako. enjoy and congratz! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. nakakashock na ang tuition fee na ngayon pero sabi ng boss ko napaka-mura pa raw ng tuition ko, heheh. actually 85 pesos per sem lang ang tuition ko 21 years ago, free ang 1st year, 275 pesos nung second year & 175pesos nung third year so ang suma tutal wala pang 500 ang tuition ko for 3 years, heheh....that was 1991-1994, ang tanda ko na noh, heheheh.

    ReplyDelete