Hardware Tools, House Repairs & Fault lines


If you have read my last year's post about our house, you can see our house doesn't look good & it really needs some repairs especially on the inside & that's the reason why I become interested in collecting tools.
I know that hardware tools are essential at home for there were lots of times that we needed some quick repairs in our house and I have to borrow these tools from our neighbors.
So I started collecting it.
Whenever I go to the department stores I look for tools.
Whenever I enter the mall I visit either Ace Hardware or Handyman first.
I always look for sale items & I buy it.
My tool collections last year
That was last year, but after I bought the hammer drill & started reading financial blogs I lost my interest spending on these items. Sadly as I checked my tools two weeks, most of it were gone already. So again, I'm back to revisiting hardware stores & searching for some sale items again. Good thing I read this  post "10 tools every homeowner should have " last week atleast now I have guide of what the basic tools are needed @ home.

Speaking of repairs, as I was looking @ the roof of my brother's house two weeks ago, I saw some rust formations coming out so I headed to the hardware stores again, bought 2 liters of red primer oxide & 4 pouch packs of vulcaseal to prevent further leakages.
The hammer drill I bought last year & the extension cord I bought last week
I also bought one 18 watts LED flourescent lamp in exchange for the 23 watts bulb we had in between sala & kusina (tipid kuryente mode) & 15m extension cord ( from P 1299.75 down to P 995.00) which was also on sale that day. Good thing that our "suking karpintero" who happens to be our neighbor was there last Saturday. Some repairs were made in our house including my brother's house, installed the fluorescent bulb &  added lock in our main door. He also inspected our roof on the 2nd floor, put some vulcaseal in it & painted the other roof with red primer. But he told me that two of our roofs must be replaced "May tama na yung dalawang  bubong nyo kelangan ng palitan pero nilagyan ko na lang ng muna ng vulcaseal - pang temporary solution." We've been in that house for 15 years & it was only 3 years ago that I started a yearly maintenance, if only I have done it earlier I would have saved those GI roofs. I'll probably deal with it next year after I finish my studies (malaking pera na naman kasi ang kailangan pagpalit ng bubong). I hope that vulcaseal can still hold & prevent those leaks until next year.

I was about to end this post yesterday,  when the news about the west valley fault caught my attention. Philvocs already released the list of barangays near that fault & sadly, our barangay North Signal Village is included in that list. I am bothered by this news because the beam structure in our second floor is not yet finish. My mother & I were watching news yesterday & she told me "Anak, paayos mo na lang tong 2nd floor para tumibay tong taas wag mo ng ituloy yang 3rd floor rooftop na pangarap mo at delikado." Yes, it was my dream to have a rooftop thats why I am also saving for it. I have dreamt of lying in a folding bed in our rooftop while watching the stars & the moon in the sky at night. I guess that dream will be put on hold for now & rethink about it while I focus on my other goals first. I'll try to think of ways also that can help strengthen the structure of our house instead of moving out, "medyo confident naman ako sa first floor namin, freak out lang ang nanay ko when she heard that news that she wanted to moved out of our house & go back to Pasay where we first lived."

I know that the Big One (an earthquake with a magnitude 7.0 higher) might happen in Metro Manila since we have an active fault lines here ( East & West Valley Faults) & we were always warned about this but it was only yesterday that we found out that our area is near & within that fault.
I think preparations must be done now to strengthen the structure of our houses & buildings. A lot of prayers is also needed because I always believed that God will help us get through it once it happens (but I pray it wont).

Just sharing my thoughts today!
Have a great weekend guys!
God bless everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Good investments yang mga tools, Grace. Naalala ko tuloy ang FIL ko, nangongolekta rin ng tools. Kapag birthday nya, mga tools ang regalo namin ni hubby kadalasan at sobrang napapasaya namin sya every time. Gamit na gamit naman sa bahay ang mga tools nya pag may kailangan i-repair. No need na rin to hire a carpenter kasi may pagka handyman si FIL. (Si hubby naman still learning pa, haha.) Very timely din ang pagkukumpuni nyo sa house, lalo na yang sa roof ng house ng brother mo kasi malapit na ang tag-ulan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Galing din ng FIL mo, tatay ko rin ang mahilig magrepair sa bahay kaso nung na-stroke natigil na, yung mga kapatid ko naman walang hilig sa ganyan buti na lang may suki na kaming karpintero. Mahirap na kasi abutan ng tag-ulan kaya tuwing may ako nagpapacheck ng bubong.
      Thanks ms edel ")

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. I think you did a great job of explaining the topic, and I found some great information here as well. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. Find the best distributor, Supercut UAE. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your article is excellent! I appreciate the writing style and the wealth of valuable information you provided. Find the best hardware tools

    ReplyDelete