Charge & In-Charge

As a sales coordinator, part of my job is to schedule the pick up & deliveries of the riders which they think is the easier part but for me is not since I'm not familiar with places. Through years of  "pakikisama' & "pakisuyo" I have learned to become familiar with it.

The second part of my job, is to handle on phone queries & receive jobs both from email & walk-in clients, and forward the layout instructions to the graphic artist before final production. This part for me is mentally draining because I sometimes feel that all the megabytes in my brain were all used to absorb instructions.

The third part of my job is to deal with the problem when errors occured and this part for me is the hardest and the most challenging one. Why, because I'm in the middle part of the process here & I sometimes absorb the client's anger, negotiate  & explain to my boss why there's an error and who's fault it will be & who will be charge with materials used on that error.

And this was the scenario last week, the client saw an error after the final printing & he called me early in the morning last Monday "Grace bakit ganun, bumaliktad ang logo? Di ba okay at approved na yung digital, anong nangyari? Final size & orientation na lang ang pinag-usapan natin bakit nagka-error pa?" And in my defense " Sir, pacencia na po medyo doble ang workload ng artist ngayon & medyo complicated ang processing ng pag special color sa Photoshop."
And he answered back, "Grace, alam mong hindi tamang ikatwiran mo yan sa akin, internal issue nyo yan."

He's been our very kind, valued & a good payer client for the past few years and since I know that he's very kind person I sometimes negotiate about some charges when we encounter errors but this time he's response was not so good that my plan to negotiate about the charges did not pursue.

So who's fault it was-none, though I can say it was on the artist's side that the error occured but it was more on the software error but as our company rule states that final approval to the client must be done first before final printing so errors can be prevented. On this project, it was emailed first to the client before final printing but on the other hand the final approved digital is in our hands so it was our responsibility to countercheck it also.
I cannot blame the graphic artist directly for this because I know the pressure of his job since I've onced worked as a graphic operator before & it was really exhausting not only physically but mentally as well.
So next week I'll be reporting to my boss about this incident & I'll be taking the full responsibility on this matter including the financial damages associated with it. As an employee I'm bound by the rules but working in a sales department, I need to be sensitive on the client's sentiments also. "Medyo mabigat lang kasi 2k to 3k din ang estimate ko, katumbas na rin ng isang linggong sahod ko." :(

Meanwhile, yesterday I was lucky again. "Nakapulot po ako ng bente pesos uli at piso sa daanan habang papasok ng opisina, heheh." Plus, may salary increase na pala ako kasi tumaas na ang minimum wage ngayon kaya pala medyo mataas ang sahod ko, imagine umabot ng 7 thousand ang sahod ko, o di ba wow!!!!


How about you? How's your life @ work?


Just in the mood for sharing,
And counting my blessings as well!!!!
God bless everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good thing there is still the positive side of whatever bad is happening. :)

    ---

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my way of curing my negative attitude by appreciating those small positive things around me everyday. "Naku, kung last year nangyari sa akin to -"super nega & depressed na naman ang attitude ko".

      Delete