My midyear fifth goal - 2nd shot done


This is my fifth midyear goal: A cervical hpv vaccine. I included it in my goal list because this will require a relatively bigger cash amount from my savings account. It has a previous price of
P 3,800.00 per shot of Gardasil (quadrivalent hpv recombinant vaccine) but since we attended a seminar about it, it was discounted to P 3,000.00 per shot P 3,000.00 x 3 shots = P 9,000.00 - this is already a large amount of money for me but my ob says this is needed esp. for us girls.
So last Sunday, I went to Wealthbank to withdraw the P 3,000.00 on my savings account.
my savings account @ wealthbank
Then yesterday I went directly to Philcare to have the second shot of cervical vaccine.While waiting for the OB to arrive I decided to use my consult to the max card & have my ear checked @ ENT.
I remember I sometimes experience a little few seconds of pain in my ears then it disappears. So after checking the doctor said, both your eardrums are ok, its normal that we experience a little stinging pain once in while, but are you cleaning or using cotton buds everyday? I answered yes, hmmm,... why? Then he answered -- because the skin inside your ears are a bit thickened ( medyo makapal daw). Still looking puzzled by his answer, he explained again " subukan mo kayang kayasin ng kayasin yung balat mo sa kamay kundi kumapal yan", ok doc got it. He said, it is not advisable to clean our ears with cotton buds everyday because it has the thinnest skin in our body & natural oil inside disappears. I see, lesson learned today - "not advisable to clean ears everyday".

After an hour the doctor finally arrived , then she gave me the 2nd shot of HPV Vaccine with a little conversation of course.
Then afterwards, I went straight to our office for work......

My savings are now down to P 300.00 again but I'm done my fifth goal now I can concentrate on savings again!!!!!! Yeheey!!!!


Have a blessed day guys!!!!






7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I know it might suck to start at the beginning, but look at the bright side, at least you achieved something today. We should always put our health and our bodies first before anything else. Health is wealth! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tama miss florlin, our greatest asset is ourselves. Kaya priority ko talaga health ko, yun ang inuna ko at the start of year 2014.

    thanks again miss florlin.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ......at masarap magsimula kapag may na-accomplish ka na :)

      god bless dear !

      Delete
  3. I was quite lucky because I got anti-cervical cancer vaccines (set of 3) for free courtesy of our office back in 2012. :)

    P.S. Thank you nga pala sayo dahil sayo ko nalaman ang tungkol sa PhilCare, dyan kami magpacheck ng 2 friends ko, avail namin yung 670 package nila. Laking tipid talaga. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kaya pala tinatanong ako ng ob ko kung sagot ng office - sabi ko personal lang,
      swerte mo sagot na ng ofc nyo, malaking tipid un.

      talaga mam edel, nabasa mo pala post ko dun, welcome po. nakatulong pala ung pagshare ko sa blog ng experience ko sa philcare.

      Delete
  4. Hi sis! I've been following your blog for some weeks now, saw your link in Ms. Jill's (Frugal Honey's) blog :) Same tayo, goal ko rin ang cervical cancer vaccine this year, last shot ko na next month, makakahinga na rin ang savings :) Continue inspiring us with your journey to financial fitness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! I just saw your blogs din today thru pinasforgood, I added you in my list.
      Last shot ko na rin sa January ng cervical vaccine ko, kaya planado na sa december yung makukuha kong pera magtatabi na ko for that shot. God Bless!!!

      Delete