Admitting my Weakness

Back in college, I got a grade of 2.75 in English.While my grades ranges from 1.5 to 2.5 in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, chemistry, differential calculus & integral calculus subjects, my English subject was on the brick of failing back then. I hate essay writings, technical reports & always seeing red inks on my test papers on my english subject. Luckily, I still got a grade of 2.75 (muntik ng bumagsak, heheh).

Well this blog is not about my college grades. It's about openly admitting my weakness so I can freely express some of my views & opinions on my next blogs.

My officemate saw me writing my blog last week --- He said "wow, si miss grace - blogger na."
I smiled @ him, then he said again --- "kailangan magaling ka sa english dyan kundi pagtatawanan ka dyan,... pero pagkakakitaan mo yan". Hmmmm, still wondering about his words, I answered -- "okay lang, maiintindihan naman nila siguro yung mga sinusulat ko, iba ibang nasyon nga ang ka-chat ko minsan mas barok pa ang english sa akin naintindihan ko pa, di hamak na mas matino ang english nating mga Pilipino, di ba?."

My blog is all about my journey to financial freedom. And though numbers & words are equally important on finance I focus more on the end result. I may not be good in delivering a story and my grammar may not be perfect but I'm pretty sure that my calculator is 100% accurate...in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. The only problem is the result, the moment I hit the equals (=) sign - positive or negative result, I have to figure out my next move.

Savings can be as easy as a,b,c.
While investing can be as simple as 1,2,3 if done properly. 
But when problem solving like algebra, geometry, trigonometry strikes in our lives.
Can we still simplify the formula to get the answer 1,4,3?
Or when complicated formulas in differential calculus & integral calculus comes in also.
Can we still calculate and manage the risks in investing?

I only invented those words while writing this blog.
I am still on the elementary level of investing.
Malayo layo pa ang tatahakin kong landas at marami pa kong madadaanang pagsubok.
I am nearing 40 & hopefully God will continue to guide me on my financial journey.


Have a Blessed Weekend Guys!!!!!


P.S.----My next blogs will be more on Taglish format, medyo nosebleed na ako tlaga at malapit ng maubusan ng english vocabulary words ang utak ko. Mahirap din naman kasi ang tagalog masyadong mahaba, kaya pasensya na po.

4 comments:

  1. Pssshhh. Don't listen to him. He's a meanie. Just go ahead and write whatever. The world is your blank piece of paper and it's up to you to fill it up with your thoughts. We all have weaknesses, but that's okay. It's what makes us unique and interesting.

    hihihi. That actually makes me nervous. I can't speak Tagalog that well. Oh well, it's high time I practice! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kaya pala ganyan ka ka-fluent sa english e, di ka pala marunong sa tagalog. I once had an officemate, she can't speak straight tagalog but she's very fluent in english even her accent is noticeable kaya taglish din sya noon.
      don't wori, di ko naman siniseryoso biro nya,.....tnx miss florin, ur a very smart girl talaga :) good day!!!!

      Delete
  2. Grabe, sobrang big deal talaga sa bansa natin ang English. Naisip ko nga minsan, siguro maraming matalinong Pilipino. Pero dahil lahat ng libro, nakasulat sa English, parang na-lolong-cut ang learning.

    Kelangan ko pa mag-translate sa utak ko, kung anong ibig sabihin nung mga enlish words sa na nasa libro. Lalo na yung mga science subjects (physics, chemistry, etc.)

    Yung mga ibang bansa sa Asia tulad ng Japan, nasa Japanese yung mga libro nila. Palagay ko mas madaling mag-aral. Kaso parang hindi rich ang tagalog vocabulary, or baka kaya naging ganun kasi hindi rin naman nagagamit.

    Basta naniniwala ako na hindi lahat ng hindi magaling sa english ay bobo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamaaa.......Actually tayo lang naman maselan sa grammar, ung ibang nasyon, di rin nila pinapansin un.
      Actually sa ibang school, english din ang method of teaching, mabuti na lang magaling yung mga naging teacher ko sa mga math at science subjects ko, pero tlagang nahihirapan yung ibang estudyante ngayon.

      Delete