Weekend Tasks - To do list style

Procrastination is one of my problem during weekends.
I plan a lot on weekdays but I always fail to execute it every weekends.
Maybe because of tiredness, laziness and my excitement to take care of my nephew always led me to unfinished tasks & frustration.
Yesterday, I decided to write it down. I woke up at 7am, earlier than my usual 9am wake up time and one by one finish all the tasks I have written down on this piece of paper.
 And I think it's effective. Sixty-seven percent (67% or 8/12) of the task I have written was done yesterday.

#1 I've finished reading one topic in Psychology in Alison courses after I wrote down my task yesterday. It was only last year that I've discovered my interest in this field and I was lucky to discover that there free online courses here -  https://alison.com/.
#2 #3 #4 #5 - Arrange / fix beddings, clothes, school stuffs, gadgets/chargers.
Plus I made this platform near my bed as my charging station last week then organize my stuffs yesterday. "Humingi lang ako ng piraso ng plywood sa office at bumili ng bracket sa hardware (P 40/pair). Nakakainis kasi yung kung saan saan ka pa naghahanap ng sasaksakan ng charger."
#6 Laundry Clothes. I usually laundry my clothes every Sunday & I always feel tired every Monday. Finally yesterday, I was able to do it. Sad thing, it rained outside & I needed to hang it inside my room to dry them all.
#7  Haircut - cut my bangs. I did it on my own to save P50, heheh . Sorry I have no photo of it right now.

#9 Arrange cord extension to outlet. After relocating the cord extension. I decided to have it in fixed position. I don't want any hanged extension cord inside our room.
And because I was too tired after those task, I decided to sleep afterwards. Then my mother & I went to the mall at 4 pm and went back home at around 9pm.

I was not able to do my # 8, # 10, # 11, #12 because I was so tired in the evening. But nevertheless I'm still happy that I was able to fight my lazy Saturday habit and finish most of my task yesterday. I think its good to have a written guide to battle procrastination.


How about you, do you have unfinished task during weekends?
How do you battle procrastination?


Just sharing my thoughts again!
Have a great week ahead.
God Bless.

Ps. the remaining tasks was done today! Mission accomplished :)

6 comments:

  1. Sis, gagayahin ko rin yang strategy mo. Minsan kasi talaga nakakalimutan ko yung mga dapat kong gawin during weekends. Totoo talaga yang nauuna ang procrastination kesa yung kasipagan. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuwing Sabado kasi sis, tamad na tamad ako at laging wala akong nagagawa kaya pagdating ng Linggo nagmamadali akong tapusin lahat kaya pag Lunes pagod na pagod na ko tapos ang dami ko pa rin hindi nagawa kaya yan naglista na ko sa umaga.
      Effective naman sa akin, I hope maging productive na lagi ang Sabado at Linggo ko. Thanks for dropping by sis. God Bless.

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Grace! Epektib din sakin ang mga lists, namomotivate ako pag may nako-cross out sa to-do list ko. Pag may naiisip naman ako na gusto ko na bagay or what or maski out of nowhere may naalala ako, nililista ko sya then inaayos ko mga lists ko according to category. Wala lang, mahilig lang ako gumawa ng listahan at masarap din kasi na may binabasa, nakaka-inspire at nareremind ako sa mga bagay na gusto ko para sa sarili ko at sa pamilya ko. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OO nga ms edel, ok yung strategy ng pagsusulat nakakamotivate everytime na nakakatapos ng task at nareremind pa nung mga susunod na gagawin. Thanks sa pag drop by sis. God Bless.

      Delete
  3. Procrastination din ang isa sa mga matinding kalaban ko sa buhay, lalo na pag tinamaan ng katamaran talaga hahaha. But most of the time, listing down tasks is also effective for me rin naman. Nakaka-engganyo kasi talaga yung may mga check marks after hehehe.

    And let me just say this...ang ganda pala ng sulat mo hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis, pag sabado talaga inaatake ako ng katamaran kaya feeling ko hindi na ako nagiging productive kaya sinimulan ko na isulat ang mga gagawin. Very true, effective talaga ang listing down task ang nakaka-enganyo pag nakakatapos ka.

    Thanks for dropping by sis at sa pagcompliment mo sa handwriting ko.God Bless.

    ReplyDelete