"Feeling Sad"

"Feeling Sad" - parang reaction lang sa fb but seriously I really feel sad this past few weeks.

Notice that I have been posting a lot of tidying, fixing and arranging stuffs lately. It's because I was feeling so down and I am trying to counter it by making myself busier than the usual.

Yes I'm feeling depressed lately because our boss formally announces that he'll be closing down the company. He said he can no longer sustain the financial needs of our company and that he cannot find any means of surviving it. I am lonely not only because of financial reasons but I somehow feel like I will also be losing a family - a company which I consider as my second home.

I've been working in this company for almost nine years but I've learn to love my job regardless of the salary I'm receiving. I love working in this family environment company where your boss is like your parent and your colleagues are your brothers and sisters. I love working in this company because laughter is always present everyday. It is a company where I feel accepted, connected and be at ease with everyone else. "Alam na namin ang saltik at sumpong ng bawat isa."

There were lots of times when I feel pressured and fed up by the complaints of our clients and the only reaction I will receive from my co-worker is "e di wow". There were lots of times in my early years when green jokes were often thrown at me and I always pretend that I cannot relate to them, now I'm the first one to laugh at their jokes. I will miss my boss who always greets me with - "Grasya, mag-asawa ka na" and I will simply smile and answers her back, -"Ma'am, di pa kami ready ni Papa Piolo." Later on she upgraded it with a new version - "Grasya, ilang taon ka na - mag-anak ka na lang." and again I will answer her - "Break na po kami ni Papa Piolo e."

Though there were times of misunderstandings and conflicts, days will pass by and later on it will just be part of our daily "asaran". And even if I don't drink San Mig Lights or Empi Lights with my boss and my co-workers during weekends and occasions, I love listening to their jokes and their funny drunk moves. They have an exceptional talent in cracking jokes when they are drunk and believe me your jaws will surely lock up laughing with them.

These reasons maybe shallow for choosing to work as a minimum wager in that company but these are the reasons that sometimes cannot be measured by the amount of salary alone. Surely I will miss nine years of  morning rush, arguments, deadlines, job orders, numerous phonecalls & emails but I will definitely miss nine years of "asaran", "laitan", "sagutan" & "katwiran", "sablay" and "kulitan" in our office.

Pardon me for being too sentimental, I just want to reminisce those treasured moments today. I am conditioning myself to be prepared so that in one, two or three months time I'll be able to convince my mind to relax and stay put for a while. I am still working today but I can't help but feel sad. "Isipin ko pa lang na wala na akong trabaho at di ko na makakatrabaho ang mga ka-officemate ko, nalulungkot na agad ako."

Right now we are still working and enjoying the remaining time and days in our company but we are also waiting for the decision of our boss as to when will be the final date of closure. When that day comes, I know that it'll be hard for me to adjust physically because of the daily routine I have for nine years but I know that it will be harder to adjust mentally and emotionally too. It will be hard but I know that I'll be able to get through this kind of emotion because I know that God has a better plan for me in the future.
Magdagdag ng caption
Just pouring my emotions here.
Till then.
Have a great week ahead!
God Bless.



(photo courtesy of crackerberry.com & makeuseof.com)

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sis Grace,
    Cheer up! When reading this post I feel really sad also :( I've been in a not good situation in work for past months because my boss of 6 years said that the business is going down and the salary I am receiving is not part of the company's profit anymore but from his own pocket. He even told me that he is looking for someone for me to work with if di na talaga kaya isalba ang business. Kahit ako man dahil sa sinabing ito ng boss eh nalungkot ako.
    Ang mawalan tayo ng trabaho eh talagang mahirap, we will adjust emotionally and physically. But I think God has a plan for us and what we will do is to keep trusting his plan for us.
    Kaya mo yan Sis Grace :) God is preparing something for you. Just keep the faith!
    God Bless
    Angelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nakakalungkot kasi isipin sis no, third company ko ng pinagtrabahuhan to pero ito yata ang pinakamasaya ko kaya parang di ko pa matanggap ngayon.
      I know that God has a better plan for me.
      He has a way of pushing me out of my comfort zone when he wants me to do something new. I just feel so sad talaga these past few weeks and I can't help myself but release my emotions here. Thanks sis for cheering me up.
      God Bless.

      Delete
  2. Aaaaw. That's so sad to hear. I'm also a sentimental person and I really hate saying goodbyes, so I know how you feel. It's never easy, but just try to think positive! You can always look for a job together or help each other find jobs. This is not the end. I felt the same way you did when I graduated from college. It was hard to say goodbye to the people I care about, especially since not all of us are proceeding to medicine, but from time to time, we go out and have lunch together. We still keep in touch. We rarely see each other anymore so the short time we have with each other during our lunch dates mean so much to me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sis, that's the hardest part - saying goodbye to each other. And when that time comes I hope I'm prepared already.
      My plan next year is to finish my studies first & study some online courses. I'll also try to look for online jobs and clear all my debts first before I'll look for other jobs.
      As for my friends & colleagues- I know we'll still keep in touch, may fb naman e. Thanks you for dropping by ms.florlin and God Bless.

      Delete
  3. A great reason to feel sad, indeed. Pero naniniwala pa rin ako sa kasabihan na, "when a door closes, a window opens." It's going to be exicting soon, Grace. Lalo na pag natapos mo na studies mo. Tiwala at kapit lang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope maging exciting next year, napakaraming challenges kasi ngayong taon e. Naniniwala din ako dyan sa kasabihan na yan kasi ako yung taong hindi basta umaalis sa comfort zone para mag explore & siguro God's will na rin yung mga susunod na mangyayari. Thanks ms edel,God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, that is sad news indeed. But focusing on the good times you had instead of the negative is really admirable.

    I pray that all of you who will be affected by the shutdown, including the owners, will find new opportunities right away.
    Maybe this is just timely for you to move on to your next adventure, especially that you'll be done with your studies soon!

    God bless sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sis, I really treasure the good times we had, I hope we will all have better opportunities & new adventure after the shutdown next year. Thanks for dropping by sis. God Bless :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck Grace! Sana makahanap ka ng work na kasing saya ng work mo ngayon. I admire your loyalty, hindi pa ata ako tumagal ng 5 years sa isang kumpanya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hay naku sis, matagal akong mag-adjust sa work pero gusto ko kasi lagi tumatagal sa company.
      Next year my plan is to focus on my studies, look for another short course & take up civil service exam. Siguro online jobs na lang muna ang hanapin ko, pahinga muna ako sa traffic, kapagod e.
      Thanks for dropping by sis. God Bless.

      Delete