My Fall Back Plan

1986 – Elementary, I was 11 yrs old -  we had a theme writing about ambition, and I wrote – “ My ambition is to be a TEACHER.”

1991 – Highschool, I was 16 yrs old - I wrote in our yearbook “ Ambition: To be a "CIVIL ENGINEER” because most of my cousins were taking up Civil Engineering course.
1991 – College, I was 16 yrs old. I took up Architectural Technology preparatory to BS Architecture because the course was offered free.
1994 – I was 19 yrs old, I finished that 3-year course but after 9 months of working in an architectural firm (6 months on the job training then I was employed) I resigned, I feel that this is not the right job for me.
1995 – I was 20 yrs old, after almost 1 ½ years of staying at home I decided I want to study again, So I took an entrance examination in another university and plan to take BS Psychology. But when I ask my mother to back me up for other school expenses since I already have some savings that time for my tuition fee - she said “Hindi ko na kaya ang dalawang college"- my brother will be going to college too that time, ok plan failed so I stayed home.
1996 – I was 21 yrs old, my father went home drunk then he saw me, “nag-college ka pa dito ka rin lang pala sa bahay, maghanap ka ng trabaho.” I cried a lot that day I know that I’m not a burden being the only daughter I always work hard at home where most of the times my brothers were out in the streets. I hated my father that time because he pushes me out of my comfort zone. For an introvert like me I always prefer to stay home but then I must obey him.
The next day I bought a Manila Bulletin newspaper to find a job, the next day I applied, the next day was the start of my new chapter in life.
February 6, 1996, I started working in a color separation company as a receiving clerk turned graphic operator.
2001 - I decided to study again while working so I enrolled for a BS Engineering course unfortunately, half of our production staff in my previous company resigned so my workload as graphic operator was doubled as per agreement with my boss that I will prioritize my work over my study, I decided to stop my 1 month old student life and continue working for 9 years (1996-2005).

2005-2008-after my first company shuts down, I worked again on the 2nd company as graphic operator turned sales coordinator, but when they decided to close the Makati branch & transfered to QC branch I decided to resign.

2008 to present- I applied for a Sales coordinator position on the third company & I’m still working here today. I love my work now though my salary is so meager, I like talking to the clients explaining some informations regarding their files, my boss is kind, my colleagues are super duper kalog, but hated those irresponsible clients who points their fingers on us whenever they encounter problem with their jobs.I know our company is having financial crisis these days because a lot of our clients are not paying. I have been observing the flow of our company & I can sense that in two or three year time it's possible that they may not survive the financial difficulty that they are experiencing today. But I still hope & pray that they'll overcome it.

Now what will be my next move if something happens unexpectedly? What will be my fall back plan?
Well, I think I need to go back to square one " To be a teacher ", sounds good to me. I think it is only through that profession that I can feel the dignity & be proud with what I do and that I'll be able to influence others. And even if the salary is not so rewarding for the job, I still feel that this will complete my purpose in life. And unlike my previous priority, I think I'll need to prioitize my study over my work this time. If my boss doesn't agree with my work schedules I might need to resign & focus on studying. Hey what am I to lose, still single at forty, no kids & family yet. I think I need to take the risk this time.

As of now the status of my inquiry in our school is still impartial. But as I have promised myself, this 2015 will be my turning point in life.
I really hope & pray that my plan to study will pursue this year.

Guyz, please do pray for me also that I may be able to pursue my dream this year.

Thanks & God Bless everyone!!!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Grace,

    I think your fallback to become a teacher is indeed a very good plan :) Go lang ng go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support mam jill, sana magtuloy tuloy ang plano ko :)

      Delete
  2. Go, girl! I'll help pray for you. I think you made a good decision by planning to study again. Teaching is the noblest of all professions. My brother is a teacher (applying to be a public teacher this year for security reasons) and we're so proud of him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga ms. edel, wala akong maisip na stable at decent job, kaya naisip kong mag-teacher. Mahirap sa private company, laging on the rocks ang status ng napapasukan ko.
      Thank you so much for prayer & support ms edel, hopefully my plan will pursue talaga this year :)

      Delete
  3. It's too late to aspire your plans Ms. Grace! Kaya mo yan! Fight lang ng Fight!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray na mag-pursue talaga plans ko. tnx ms izza :)

      Delete