Looking Back

I used to be invincible...........
I used to work from 13 hours to 16 hours everyday & I work even on Sundays.
Went home at around 1 am to 3 am, wake up at 6:30am & rush to work @ 7am.
I don't take vitamins. I have no regular sleep & proper exercise. I even skipped meals.
But I still feel I got lots of energy to work everyday.

I used to be fearless.............
I used to hitch or ride a private jeep or a car sometimes without knowing who the driver was because
there's no direct means of transportation in our area before & C5 construction was still ongoing during those times.
As those good samaritan drivers would often say to me, "Miss, ano ka ba? Bakit ganitong oras ka nag-aantay ng sasakyan dito? Alam mo bang kahapon lang may natagpuang babaeng ni-rape at pinatay dito?

Tried another route - waited @ Pasay Rotonda for FTI jeep route but got nervous when somebody approach me, "Miss, puede ka ba?.....woooh, napagkamalan pa ko yatang pokpok nito."
And oftentimes my mother would say, "Wag ka na ngang uuwi ng ganyang oras sa office ka na lang matulog." But I would still go home because I wanted a deep & sound sleep so I can have the energy to work for another 13 to 16 hrs again.

Tried 2 times to warn or give signals on someone being pickpocketed by somebody inside the jeepney then I ended up with a sharp look on the eyes of those "mandurukots" & a farewell message of "Manahimik ka lang ha". Yes,"naging pakialamera ako" because I've been in that situation before but atleast I've saved some of them, only I got nervous afterwards, hahah.

Those were just some of my experiences & that was more than a decade ago. But is it wise to be invincible & fearless today? My answer is NO,  as years go by I feel that my body is not stronger as it was before so I need to be more health conscious -"Hey, I know that I will not be invincible forever" & that I need to be extra careful in my daily journey. "Isa lang ang buhay ko, mahirap ng matyempuhan kaya kailangan doble ingat."

Through years of experiences & based on the informative blogposts I read last year, I have learned one thing -"BALANCE". I realized that there should be proper balance in everything. Not only that I have learned financially on those blogposts that I have read but there are also other things in life that I need to give importance too. For there were times that I have pushed myself to the edge & there were those times that I have neglected some areas in my life. So this 2015, I will redo some of the good habits that I have done last year & added new habits so I can practice that "BALANCE" in my life and every year I will try to be better & write it here so that after 10, 20, 30 years or more I can look back and I can say to myself, "Hey I've done my best without regrets."


Hey, I'm forty & I'm beginning to love my journey.
Better late than never di ba?
Happy Valentines Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment