Figuring out what to do next

          I'm a newbie in a world of investing. It was last year that I started reading  financial blogs. And through reading I've learn to plan & set some goals. But if I'm going to summarize all my goals, there are only 4 particular goals that I want to achieve before year 2014 ends.

First. Set an emergency fund. 30,000 is my minimum target - okay done with it.

Second. Open a mutual fund - Balanced fund first - done with this too, opened @ FAMI.
So, why Balanced fund? I'm not a risk taker based on profile test I took that's why I choose a moderate risk investment plus my time frame is about 3 to 5 years before I liquidate my investment. What I like about mutual fund is I can make additional investment anytime or stop anytime, without the fear of getting charges/penalized if i failed to add either monthly, quarterly, semi annually, or annually for as long as your not withdrawing the amount within 6 months no fees will be imposed  ( but it is always best to have a regular top up on investment).The only fees that is deducted is the sales load or entry fee in placing additional investment & the management fee every year.
(Note: This is Fami rule only- Sales Load 2% for 1,000-99,999 investment, Exit fee 1% first 6 months, Annual Fee - 1.75%).
Every mutual fund company has their own sets of rule so it's better to read company prospectus first & check their websites before investing).

Third. Open another mutual fund - but this is for Equity fund- not yet done with this.
I want to take a little dipping toe test on what it feels like to have a high risk investment. I know that the return for this kind of investment is higher in 5 to 10 year range.
I want to apply to Philequity fund for this but I need to apply personally to their office first before I can open an account based on my phone inquiry I did last month. The problem is I cannot be absent at work because of the workloads we have these days. The easiest way is to just deposit again to FAMI for an equity account but based on historical NAVPS I'm reading on their websites both Philequity & FAMI, I think Philequity has a better performance in Equity Fund.

Fourth. Open a Time deposit account/Special Savings Account. - not yet done with this. Still on the process of saving P 10,000.00 for my second emergency fund.

Another option I have is to open a Sunlife Flexilink account, I'm studying the proposal I got. I think it's good but then I need to reevaluate my financial capacity. First is that, I have another plan next year ( planning on studying again) and I don't want to add another financial obligation. Second, considering the stability of my company, I still don't know how long our company will run. Third is that, our company is turning over to us the obligation of paying for our Life Insurance that we have @ BPI-Philam Life, just two years left to finally complete the 8 year plan they took.

          I'm interested in stock investing too, but I still need a lot of learning here before I finally enter the next level of investing which is to invest directly @ the stock market.


Guys, please do give me some advise here, if you know other ways on how I can open an account @ Philequity Fund without personally applying in their office.
Or you may correct the information I've written here if you happen to see some faults.

Have a great weekend !!! God Bless!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I've been reading your blog and I really admire the passion the you have.

    In terms of applying for PhilEquity Fund, you may contact my friend Tina of Rampver Strategic Advisor (RSA). They are solicitors of PhilEquity. You can research about them on Facebook. =)

    Tina's email is tina.rosales@rampver.com. Just tell her that Millette gave you her contact details. =)

    Happy investing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mam, for reading my blogs.
      I'll try to look on that person thru facebook, I'll also drop a message thru email to her.
      Actually, there's another way to open an account , I attended a financial seminar in IMG need to be a member first to open an Philequity account (un ang pagkaintindi ko).

      Thanks again ma'am!!!!

      Delete
  2. I don't like time deposits, the annual yield is just a little better than savings accounts. I've been looking into the Pag-ibig II savings program and it sounds alright. Last year's dividend was at 4.75% I think, which is way better than a time deposit. I have two problems with it though: (1) the program only has a maximum of 10 years and (2) it's not convenient to make monthly deposits (mukhang sa Pag-ibig office pa lang pwede).

    I think I'll pursue this in a year or two, use it as part of my retirement funds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mam Jill, Actually its a special savings deposit pala that I plan to open at wealthbank- it has a 2% to 2.5% per annum interest depending on terms.
      In-edit ko na po yung blog ko. That's for my emergency fund also. I also don't like time deposit account in those well known banks, sobrang liit ng interes.
      Interesting yung Pag-ibig II savings ha, I'll look into that.
      I also requested my colleague to verify my Pag-ibig contributions, malaki rin ang dividend rate nila, nakaka-amaze di ko napapansin malaki na pala ang saving ko sa kanila :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, dami goals ah. Wala akong duda na makakamit mo lahat yan, Grace. Ako naman before the years ends, goal ko na dapat nakapag open na kami ng sister ko ng balanced fund. At saka health insurance din pala dahil magastos ang magkasakit. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tnx ms edel, 2 pa goals kelangan magawa. wow, gud luck din sa goals mo ng sister mo. I'm also looking for health insurance :)

      Delete
  4. Kumusta kayong lahat,
    Ang pangalan ko ay Mr, Rugare Sim. Nakatira ako sa Holland at masaya akong tao ngayon? at sinabi ko sa sarili ko na ang sinumang nagpapahiram na nagligtas sa akin at sa aking pamilya mula sa aming mahirap na sitwasyon, ire-refer ko ang sinumang tao na naghahanap ng pautang sa kanya, binigyan niya ako ng kaligayahan at ang aking pamilya, ako ay nangangailangan ng pautang ng € 300,000.00 para masimulan ang buhay ko dahil ako ay nag-iisang Ama na may 2 anak nakilala ko itong tapat at natatakot sa Allah na lalaking nagpapautang na tumutulong sa akin sa pautang na €300,000.00, siya ay isang taong may takot sa Allah, kung kailangan mo ng pautang at babayaran mo ang utang mangyaring makipag-ugnayan sa kanya sabihin sa kanya na (Mr, Rugare Sim) i-refer ka sa kanya. Makipag-ugnayan kay Mr, Mohamed Careen sa pamamagitan ng email: (arabloanfirmserves@gmail.com)


    FORM NG IMPORMASYON SA PAG-AAPLIKASI NG LOAN
    Pangalan......
    Gitnang pangalan.....
    2) Kasarian:.........
    3) Halaga ng Pautang na Kailangan:.........
    4) Tagal ng Loan:.........
    5) Bansa:.........
    6) Address ng Bahay:.........
    7) Numero ng Mobile:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Buwanang Kita:.....................
    10) Trabaho:..........................
    11) Aling site ang ginawa mo dito tungkol sa amin.....................
    Salamat at Best Regards.
    Mag-email sa arabloanfirmserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. BUSINESS LOAN PERSONAL LOAN HERE APPLY NOW WhatsApp +918929509036 financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Dr. James Eric

    ReplyDelete