No Spending Rule Plan

I once read a news in Yahoo about "How a Chinese Woman who lives in New York practice frugality". One of her tip was "not spending on any clothing for one year". Woohh, Kaya ko ba to ?

So I set a "no spending rule" last January for these five items only but I failed.
I did'nt include this in my goal list but I wrote down all the expenses I made this 2014 to track down how much I spend on my personal apparels for 1 year.

1.) Footwear - total expenses = P 1,446.00 
I bought 4 pairs of shoes & 2 pairs of slippers already.
* Silver shoes - needed for my brother's wedding @ P 540.00 bought @ Landmark last February.
* Wedged Shoes -  @ P 550.00 bought last April. It's my mother's influence that made me bought this shoes.
* Flat Shoes - got two pairs already @ P 129.00 each = P 258.00 (sale kasi e) bought last May.
* Slippers - got two pairs again @ 49.00 each = P 98.00 (I really need this esp it's rainy season now & flood is everywhere-"pang sugod baha ika nga") bought last July.
2.) Blouse - total expenses = P 149.75
I  bought two blouse already.
* Red Blouse - needed for the bridal shower of my sister in law (red blouse is required) - P 99.75 which I bought @ Landmark last January.
* Sleeveless Blouse - @ 50.00 only bought @ Market Market tiangge last April.
3.) Undergarments - total expenses = P 200.00
I bought two items here @ 150.00 & 50.00 last February.

4.) Pants - total expenses = P 398.00
I bought 2 maong pants already @ 199.00 each, it was on sale @ Market Market last May.

5.) Bags -total expenses = P 569.00
Just as I thought I succeeded on this one - I just bought 2 bags this month.
I admit bags are my weakness. I've been controlling my expenses this year but when I saw this two items I just cant resist. Well, I need to reward myself once in a while anyway it's within my no-spending rule above P1,000.00.
My New Bags

*First Bag - it's my office bag replacement (pa-sira na kasi yung luma kong bag) for 250.00 only (it was 599.00 before-last item sale).
*Second Bag - it's a buddy bag for only 319.00 only (it was 399.00 before). I also bought another one for my mother (the blue one is for her).
I do splurge once in a while to reward myself a little. Life is short & time is valuable. We should also invest some time & money with our loved ones. No amount of money can compensate the delight it gives once in a while.

I'll be going back on this blog at the end of this year to sum up all the expenses I made on personal apparel.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I started a shopping fast (no shopping for clothing, accessories and household decors) last January 1, 2014 and to continue until November 30, 2014. So far, wala pa ako na-shop pero occasionally may mga natatanggap na new stuff from family and friends. Kaya naman pala, basta gugustuhin. Gusto ko kasi ayusin ang finances ko kaya naisip ko ang challenge na ito para makatipid sa pera at gusto ko rin ng simple living. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, galing mo miss "edel" ha buti kpa, ako di ko kinaya that's why I'm justifying my actions through this blog. Hopefully, magawa ko tong challenge na to next year. Congrats!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Oo naman kaya mo yan. Nagshopping fast challenge ako para makatipid din ng pera at mas maging appreciative sa kung ano ang meron ako. Napansin ko kasi andami ko gamit na hndi ko naman nagagamit tapos bibili pa ako ng additional na mga gamit, nag-aaccumulate lang sila. :)

      Delete
    3. I'll try next year, thanks uli "miss edel".

      Delete