Analyzing my Family's Financial status



I’m still in a worrying state today about the news I received yesterday. But as I was reading a book this morning on my way to the office, I came across these words in the first chapter of the book.

“Know yourself, understand the kind of person you are”, “You cannot master yourself, if you don’t understand yourself”. Hmmm, I think I know what to do with myself..........Diversion!
Instead of beating up my mind for a problem that has no solution yet, I think I need to divert my focus now. I should focus on things that I have control not on the things that I don't have no control over with.

For that matter, I think my family is the best subject today. I made a table to analyze the financial status of my family now.
Our monthly financial income / expenses
Our savings / investment / health insurance status
We are six in the family, my younger brother is the only one who separated from us because he got married last February. My father is a sss pensionaire but he had a stroke 4 years ago that's why he's taking a maintenance medicine. My mother doesn't have a pension, it's one thing that I regret that I didn't pursue paying sss for her and she's also taking maintenance medicine but it's more expensive than my father's medicine.
My kuya doesn't have a job and no matter how hard I tried to explain to him the current situation of our family's financial status I always end up being the bad one. It's a good thing that he's maintaining his little business for his personal / medicine expenses ( he's also taking maintenance medicine already)but I still wish he'd do more effort to earn.

My youngest brother is working in a government inst. but every six months he'd pray that the gov't will renew his contract, fortunately his prayers were always granted but if not, I don't know his plans.
Based on the chart above: the question is -Am I be worried? Yes I am....
Am I just overacting? I think No, seeing the chart above you'd be the judge...... I keep on telling them, "Ayusin nyo ang SSS nyo?"
"Lakarin nyo ang Pagibig man lang- 200.00 lang naman"." Mag-ipon naman kayo".
Last year I was so paranoid about this matter - it came to point of an argument with my kuya, still no solution was made. I respect my kuya, it's just that he has a different perspective in life. Maybe my approach is wrong, maybe my words are not convincing or maybe I just want to escape a responsibility.

Looking at the chart above, I cannot just ignore the fact that we really have financial problem and I must act on it again. "kahit lumabas na masama ako".

I've threaten my youngest brother to have a savings account otherwise I will cut down his credit cards.
I've also talked to my eldest brother to continue saving on the savings account I've open for him last year ( just maintaining balance is in that savings account).
Probably next year I will push them to start their SSS & Pagibig fund contribution.

No matter how hard I tried to establish my own financial goals, family will always play an important factor in pursuing my goals to financial freedom.

Now I'll adding these factors on my goal list next year......


Have a great day everyone !!!!!!



6 comments:

  1. Hmmm. You have a point. Dapat din alagaan ng pamilya mu yung sarili nila kaysa palagi nalang ikaw. Sana magbabago na yung kuya mo para naman masosolusyonan na ninyu yung problema ninyo.

    (Hihihi. I hope my Tagalog was fine. :3) Goodluck! I know how important it is to not only be able to stand on your feet and succeed financially and know that your family is doing alright and is provided for. Go go go! Brainwash them into having better financial habits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, very good ang tagalog mo miss florlin :)).... Exactly, that's my point. I'll have peace of mind and I'll be more focused on my goal if they too are financially aware & prepared, di ba?

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this Ms. Grace. I admire your courage and honesty. I pray everything will be alright and that upon seeing the change in you, your family will start to realize and take advantage of their age and their own opportunities.

    Kahit virtually lang tayo magkakilala Ms. Grace, you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u very much miss izza, I need your prayers. Hopefully, mabago ko attitude ng mga kapatid ko towards financial issues sa family. Ganyan kasi ang typical attitude ng mga mahihirap ng Filipino - bahala na bukas system, they dont think about the future.

      Delete
  3. Hi sis, your pursuit and initiative to work/o your family's finances is very admirable. It's not yet too late. Continue to be a blessing to your family and an inspiration to others. God bless : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u rin sis, that's the reality kasi karamihan ng mahihirap ganyan ang sitwasyon, I cannot just ignore it sa family namin, kelangan ko na cguro makialam. whatever happens to our house we need to be emotionally & financially prepared. Thank u for those encouraging words. God Bless din.

      Delete