My Learning Experiences

In the first two weeks of my student life in TUP I really wanted to quit. I wanted to back out when they gave us the syllabus, grabe nalula ako sa dami ng topics. Then all my subjects have reporting activity & topics were all assigned (grabe, may stage fright pa rin ako, although I've finished 2 reportings already). Plus assignments, research activities & thesis we're distributed to us.

Would you believe we needed to research 41 cases and all of it were already decided by the Supreme court, (wala naman akong balak maging abogado,eh huhuh). So far I have read 5 cases, the least were 5 pages & the most were 38 pages. We will be reporting some of the cases & 3 cases were assigned to me, sadly I have picked the landmark cases so I really need a lot of time reading to understand it better. Aside from those loaded activities I mention, our professor clearly emphasize to us that we need mastery of the field that we are going to teach in the future and since I'm an architectural technology graduate I need to be fully equipped with the knowledge & experiences from that field but sadly I already left that field 22 years ago, pano ko siya ituturo iba na ang field ko ngayon, :(.....

But as much as I wanted to quit, part of me was saying don't give up yet, there's so much more to learn. So what if I fail....so what if I have a lesser salary.....so what if I have a stage fright, I got nothing to lose but I will definitely gain a lot of knowledge from those experiences. Would you believe who gave me that insights & advise----my suking tricycle driver.
"Eh ano, kung bumagsak ka."
"Eh ano, kung may nerbiyos ka."
"Kung matuto ka naman, di ba."
"Kahit maliit ang sahod, may trabaho ka."
"Wala ng mawawala sa yo, kasi nakapagtrabaho ka na at may trabaho ka pa rin."
"Napatapos mo nang mag-aral ang mga kapatid mo."
"So ngayon, sarili mo naman ang isipin mo, grab mo yang opportunity na mag-aral."
"At higit sa lahat i-enjoy mo lang yang experiences mo ngayon."
Nasabi ko tuloy sa sarili ko--- "Oo nga naman, ENJOY lang."

Another piece of advise were given to me by my classmate who is already a teacher (she's not an educ graduate) but needed this course & licensure as a requirement in the school where she was teaching. She told me,....."Calm down Ms. Grace, don't worry. Just cross the bridge when you get there, concentrate ka muna sa subjects natin ngayon." 
"Napakabilis ng panahon ngayon, for all we know nalampasan na natin lahat nyan after a year. How will you know If you can make it or not kung ngayon pa lang susuko ka na?". Those were the reasons why I continued, o diba naka-one month na ko.

Ang nega ko no?......, good thing I have a lot of angel advisers around me. You will notice that in most of blogs, my pessimists attitude is shown and I am really thankful that I have a blog where I can release everything that's been circulating in head, parang praning lang no?

But kidding aside, another interesting subject I have in my course is the "CHILD & ADOLESCENCE" it's a psychology subject where we it focuses more on the human development of a child from birth to adulthood. There were times that I almost cried as our professor imparts all her experiences in the field of Psychology and I was like, ......."ah kaya pala ako naging ganun, kasi ganun ang nangyari sa akin nung bata ako". It was really an eye-opener to me because all the questions I had in my head were answered and when I asked our professor, "If there were problems in childhood how can it be cured?" she answered ....."just let it out & let it go". "If you saw someone crying, let her cry. If somebody confides a problem, let her talk. You just need some form of release for you to feel good because no matter how you contain it, it will come out though not exactly in words but the anger will come out in our actions as well." Now I know that this blog activity is really helping me overcome my fears & myself too. A lot of self discoveries were made also as we tackle different theories and I'll try to impart it here in my blog when I have time.


Just sharing again my experiences!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Till then......

11 comments:

  1. In failures, there is success. Sana makapag aral din ako ulet pero parang imposible. I think yung kaya lang kunin ng mga hours or within the week sana for added skills sa resume hehehe

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, alam ko maraming short courses sa TESDA at pag certified ka, acknowledge pa abroad ang certification nila.

      Delete
  2. I believe in you Miss Grace kaya alam kong kayang kaya mo yan. Sa managing your finances pa lang, you are outstanding, yan pa. Cheer up. You can do it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, kayanin o hindi ang importante sinubukan at in-enjoy ko lang ang experiences ko ngayon.

      Delete
  3. DO NOT give up. Panghihinayangan mo yan. Sipag at tiyaga lang, Grace! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ms edel, I'm not giving up naman. Pilitin kong lampasan to :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Ms. Grace,
    We had the same experience when I decided to continue my education when I graduated from college. I graduated 2009 and only last year I continue studying for my masters, ang hirap talaga lalo na sa umpisa, ang daming reports plus case studies + thesis proposal. Pero kinaya ko at kakayanin ko pa until mka graduate. Just hang in there kaya natin to!Aja! Just keep believing in yourself and keep the faith. God will be with us all the way :)
    Cheers,
    Angelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buti ikaw sis, nagtuturo ka, active pa ang utak mo, yung mga professor ko mga nag-mamasteral at doctorate sila kasi nasa college. Eh ako, 22 yrs na natulog ang utak ko kaya talagang name-mental block ako minsan.....haisst, sana kayanin ko.thanks sa support sis :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Grace, i admire you so much. at alam ko kayang kaya mo yan. TUP graduate din kami ng husband ko 😊 God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Talaga sis TUP ka din, thank you, actually outlet ko tong blog ko kaya mapapansin puro personal experiences ang nakasulat, thanks for dropping by sis:)

      Delete