My extraordinary days @ Home

While everyone in facebook were busy posting their extraordinary vacation photos here in the Philippines and abroad, mine was just an ordinary one.
My four straight vacation days/holyweek season were spent entirely at home with my family and take note we are complete and that's extraordinary to me. Unlike during the previous years where my brother & sister inlaw & our bunso & his gf, my kuya & his barkadas would go to either resort/vacation places while me & my parents were left @ home, this year everyone chooses to just stay @ home.
Why?.....It's because of this cute little angel here that God gave us two months ago ( hindi pa kasi puedeng i-biyahe ng mga magulang kaya di sila nakapag-bakasyon, no choice sila heheh ).
My two month old nephew-baby Kenji
Every morning my mother will get baby kenji from my brother's house who lives just beside us, bunso & his gf will give baby a bath then the whole entire day will evolved around him making us all busy doing household chores while we alternately look after him.

Aside from baby kenji's attention, Holy Thursday & Good Friday were spent watching television for the "Siyete Palabras" mass & the "Ten Commandments movie". I have watched that "Ten Commandments movie" so many times and my father always has a side story everytime we watch it and these words were always used -"Nung Araw pinapanood namin yan sa plaza tuwing Holy Week at apat na oras yan kaya may breaktime kami sa pagitan."

I used to hate those words from my father who always has a repeated story with a starting words of "Nung Araw" but after he had a mild stroke few years ago I wanted him to be the usual talkative person again & so whenever he talks I become more attentive. I now come to realize the value of listening and enjoyed hearing those good old days stories from my parents and usual starting words of "Nung Araw".
I am really glad now whenever I hear them talk & reminisce their highschool days. And when my mother hears some old songs like "mony mony", "black is black" & the songs of beatles she would dance & tell a story how happy she was while dancing during her highschool days. Funny, how they talked about their lovelife & end up with each other even if they have different bf & gf before, hahah.

Then on Black Saturday, most of my time were used to laundry some of my clothes & arrange it afterwards in my aparador & drawers, while I got some spare time to sew, stitch & fix some of it & finally clean my room in the afternoon for it's been two months since baby kenji's invading my room and I need to arrange some of the baby stuffs scattered there.
Hindi po ako namamalantsa ng damit kaya puro tupi lahat :)
And while I was checking some of my old stuff inside my aparador I saw these--- $10 bill, 20 pesos inside my spare wallets that I haven't been using for a quite a while - hmmm..."Kailangan mapapalitan to at ma-invest sa mutual fund ko kesa ma-expire lang at mawalan ng value, heheh."

And on Easter Sunday finally we went out, my mother & I went to church and in the afternoon we went to market market mall to buy some groceries but hurriedly went home because my mother is missing her apo already.

These were just an ordinary & usual things we do @ home - from the homecooked meals that my mother prepared for us, the household chores that we were obliged to do, the usual repetitive stories from my parents to the simpleng kwentuhan, kulitan & asaran with my brothers plus the bonus part of my staycation was of course this cute little guy here whom I misses a lot when I'm at work --- these are all extraordinary & priceless moments for me.
who wouldn't miss this cute little guy here, o di ba?
We may not be as religious as others but for me what is important is that the Holyweek was observed by the whole family harmoniously at home giving everyone the time to think & reflect on the true meaning of Lenten Season.


Have a Blessed Day Everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Ang cute naman ni Baby Kenji...Kakagigil. Hehehe. Yes, same like yours, I spent my 5 days vacation at home. Mas preferred ko talaga yun kesa umalis on a holy week. And just like you too, hindi rin ako namamalantsa. Dati pa, kasi nanghihinayang ako sa kuryente. Tinutupi ko rin lang. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, iniiwasan ko talaga mamalantsa kaya wash & wear ang sistema ko lagi sa mga damit ko, Ang hirap kayang magbayad ng kuryente pag tumataas lalo ngayon nag-announce na naman ang Meralco tataas na naman ang singil nila :)

      Delete
  2. I really miss those days when my parents weren't retired yet and we all lived in one house. We would usually just gather around the dining table or sala and my dad would have his own version of "Nung araw" stories and it would be so fun hanging out with everyone.

    Kaka miss talaga :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabi ng Tita ko buti raw "Nung Araw" lang ang stories nya, Yung tatay daw nya "Nung panahon ng Hapon", heheh. Pero ngayon nag-eenjoy na ko makinig talaga sa kanila, I just can't imagine my life living alone without my family esp ngayon that I'm still single @ 40.

      Delete
  3. Masaya talaga pag may bata sa bahay! Hate ko ang magplantsa, period. Haha. Mahilig din ako makinig sa kwento ng lolo ko noon. Napansin ko, pag nagkakaedad na ang tao, mahilig na magreminisce. Ngayon, sa tatay at nanay ko naman ako nakikinig ng mga kwento noong araw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga ms edel, lahat yata ng atensyon namin na kay baby kahit nakakapagod magkarga, sige pa rin.

      Na-aamaze na rin kasi ako sa mga kwento "nung araw" ng mga magulang ko kasi kung mapapansin mo parang tumalon ang generation ngayon, atleast ako nakakarelate pa ako sa magulang ko pero yung mga millenium generation ngayon ang laki na ng pagkakaiba sa experience ko at ng experience ng magulang ko noon, di ba.

      Delete