First Time to attend PhilEquity Investors' Briefing

It was last March 2, 2015 when I received an invitation that there will be an annual briefing/market outlook on March 14, 2015. I even saw this image whenever I go to Philequity site.
My initial reaction, "Ortigas ang venue, malayo & may work ako pag saturday, malabo to".
Then another email reminder came last March 6 but I ignored it again.
March 7, I saw again their reminder so I register but said to myself, "papasok pa kaya tong reply/registration ko march 7 na?"
March 10, I received a confirmation 1 seat is reserved for me, "wooh, walang atrasan to confirm na", so the decision was made & I immediately filed a leave that day.

First Experience
It's my first time to attend to this kind of seminar, still unfamiliar with Ortigas area since I only have a  Makati-Taguig daily routine, I asked my officemate where the Meralco theater is, and she answered "Basta sakyan mo lang Ortigas Ilalim na bus, baba ka ng Robinsons Galleria at lakarin mo na lang papunta sa Meralco Theater para mas madaling hanapin.", so I proceeded with my plan.
Saturday, March 14, 2015 after few minutes of walking from Robinsons Galleria, atlast I am finally here in front of Meralco Theater.
After presenting the printout copy of my registration & ID, I headed directly inside, but what amazes me is that I've been seeing a lot of ordinary people there and it only means that a lot of Filipinos are investing & are becoming more financially aware today, I just wish I knew somebody there that time, "medyo mahiyain kasi talaga ako e". And after few minutes I went inside the theater.
START OF THE BRIEFING
When I enter the theater, these words came in my mind - "Wow, Ibang level na to." and "Wooh, kasama ba talaga ako dito?" because as I sat on my seat, those people infront of me were talking about buying properties in Pampanga while two girls beside me were talking about their investments & the guy on the other side was computing in his cellphone, I even saw Francisco Colayco there.
Then the briefing report started, another question popped in my mind, "Wooh, ano bang ginagawa ko dito?" --- because I honestly don't understand what they were talking about, what the bull market is, what the euro, dollar, yen currecies have to do with the market, the status of the economy of US, Europe & other countries and I honestly don't know what the PSEi means (hey I'm a slow learner talaga, but I made some research about PSEi yesterday thru the post of ritz villafuerte kaya medyo naintindihan ko na ng konti).
But after the briefing we were given some few minutes snack break - Jollibee burger, bottled water, coffee & some Jack & Jill Calbee snacks were given free outside.
Q & A Portion
Then after few minutes they resume, it's the Question & Answer Portions, all the investors are free to ask about their concerns & this time I became more attentive as the panels infront tried to explained everything and again these words came in my mind again, "Wow, grabe ang galing nila", kahit hindi ako maka-relate, the more I become curious.
I was really amazed how Wilson Sy answered most of the questions, & when ask by Mr. Francisco Colayco--" he answered indirectly, ask me if the market is going up---Yes, if the market is going down, Yes....but ask me when I don't know so it's up to the risk tolerance of an investor. He even answered about the issue about the 2016 election & if it will affect the market if Binay will win or as to whoever wins the presidency, he answered---the foreign investor are investing in the Philippines because they are looking at the Filipino people, with all the corruption issues, typhoon yolanda & other calamities, our country is still growing. Filipinos are hardworking & easy to get along with & OFW's are all over the world that's why remittances are flowing.
A lot of topic has been discussed & answered, how I wish I were a good writer so I can share all my experience here, unfortunately " kulang ang vocabulary words talaga sa utak ko" so I'll just share some thru pictures here:
After the seminar, conclusions have been made:
1) I need to know more, learn more & research more about stock market before finally entering the world of stock market - hey, I really am a slow learner though I understand a bit how stock market works , I still believe I need to understand more what those technical analysis, fundamental analysis & bull markets are. In other words, "marami pa akong bigas na kakainin bago mag-invest sa stock market, hahah", kaya aral muna bago mag-invest.

2) I still don't have the guts, the courage, the knowledge & the ability to directly invest in stock market so I'll be entrusting my investment to the experts - with all the expertise shown in their past performance, their research teams & the best fund managers & staffs I know that Philequity will take care of my investments, "ang yabang ko noh, 10k pa lang naman ang investments ko sa PEMI, hahah but seriously I know I'm in good hands @ PEMI.

Some few words that caught my attention during the seminar:

"Ten years from now, you'll be ten years older.
But if you invest today, ten years from now you'll be ten years older but RICHER."
.........Hopefully, when I'm fifty I'd be 1million richer already, take note the word is Hope not Wish. Think Positive :)

"Time is your greatest ally when your young but your greatest enemy when your old."
So it's really an advantage to invest early. 
.........Bakit ba ngayon ko lang ako nag-start mag invest kung kelan forty na ako, but then better late than never di ba?


SUMMARY

Just one frustrations I had there, "Wish I knew someone there or wish I had the courage to ask someone to take a picture of me in that event" but my overall experience that day was totally amazing and the more I thirst for new knowledge in the world of investing.


Just in the mood for sharing today!
Have a blessed weekend!

Ps. Di kasi puede ang cellphone ko for selfie, di maganda ang quality, heheh :)

8 comments:

  1. You are such a brave girl ms grace! You are inspiring! All the best in your endeavors. Kayang kaya mong abutin lahat yan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've gladly attended the event with you and taken your picture if only cebu was a taxi ride away from manila. Happy philequity investor too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm happy to know that there is friend out there would gladly volunteer to take my picture just to have a souvenir during the event, if only you were here :)....
      Thanks again & God Bless :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, dami mo siguro natutunan Grace noh. Kaya lalo nakakamotivate maginvest, dahil totoo naman lahat ng sinabi nila. Maganda ang future ng Pinas. Gusto ko rin mag-attend ng ganyang seminar. Ayusin ko muna sked ko, busy busyhan eh. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ngek, di nga ako maka-relate ms. edel. Bago sa pandinig ko yung ibang dini-discuss nila kaya na-realize ko, hindi pa ko ready sa stock investing. Mahirap baka mawalan ng pera sa isang bagay na hindi ko pa kabisado ang galaw ng stock market, heheh....
      Pero ang sarap talagang umattend ng seminar sa philequity, nag-eeffort talaga silang mag-explain at mag-research ng galaw ng market.

      Delete
  4. Now I'm inspired to look more into Philequity because of your post!

    And so what if hindi mo naintindihan most of the terms there, that's what Google is for and believe me that when you're interested in a topic, sobrang dali mo lang matutunan ang mga yan. Before you know it, ikaw na ang resident expert. Naks naman!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mam jill, lagi ko na tuloy tinatanong si Mr.Google. Naku, marami pa akong kailangan malaman at dapat matutunan bago ma-reach ang mga level nyo.
      Oks talaga sa Philequity ibang level sila pero tingin ko makakabawi rin naman ang FAMI.
      Thanks Mam Jill, God Bless!

      Delete