Second Goal : Be Healthy & Save Money Part 1


I once read this "If you want to save money, go on diet". It's like hitting two birds in one stone
 -  we save money by keeping our body healthy.

Last year I was so busy working that I sometimes forgot to drink water in between meals.
When it comes to food I eat and drink whatever I want --- burger, fries, spaghetti, pizza, softdrinks ( I'm addicted to it),etc. I eat veggies too but more often I eat what I feel like eating with softdrink as a partner. But I noticed during those days I always feel that my back is aching. After my annual check up ( papsmear & ultrasound ) they found out that I had endemetriosis cyst - so they scheduled another ultrasound after two months to monitor its size. What I did was researched on the cause of this cyst & know what the right foods to eat. And one of the main cause of it is dioxin that are usually present on the animal products. So I monitored what I eat-veggies & fruits specifically, I drink 2-3 liters of water a day, green tea in the morning as much as possible.
After 2 months I've got a positive result my endemetriosis cyst got smaller so my ob advises me to continue a healthy living lifestyle, no medication is needed just monitoring.

As I start the year 2014 I started journaling everything regarding my health.
From the foods that I eat, the amount of water I drink, my vitamins intake, check up etc.

My Second Goal:

*Eat Veggies & fruits daily---this two should always be present in everyday meal, its cheaper and its healthier than meats. And instead of softdrinks I turn to fruits-- 1 piece of banana, an apple, an orange, a slice of watermelon or pineapple, they only costs 10-20 pesos each or per slice. These fruits are always present in the market or in the place where we eat.








I also love sitaw, malunggay, kalabasa but I don't eat okra & ampalaya, waahhh but I'm trying now :)
"Basta kailangan ng prutas at gulay everyday, lessen meat intake."


*Drink 2-3 liters of water a day ----our body needs at least 2 liters of water everyday and an additional 1 liter to help us look younger & fitter. This is really helpful and its free at home & in the office, so I always bring water while travelling. I also have a friend also who's on diet & he advises me to drink water first before meals in that way it'll lessen my food intake.


" No to softdrinks & other artificial drinks --- plain water muna atleast 3 liters a day."




This is an easy goal to achieve but it also needs discipline to come up with good results, anyway veggies and fruits are cheaper and water is free so make the most of it.



Our health is our greatest assets if we don't take care of it---it'll be our biggest liabilities.

"Stay Healthy & Stay Focused".

2 comments:

  1. Doing a marathon on all of your posts. Thank you for making this blog. I'm feeling kind of sad because I feel like I started educating myself on money waaay too late :(

    Anyway, again, thanks. Your blog is inspiring.

    - Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi rae, cheer up. I'll be turning 40 in just a few days & it was only last 2013 that I started reading financial blogs & put it into action last year, di ba mas late na rin ako sa yo :)
    Natuwa naman ako na naka-inspire pala ako kahit na hindi ako makapagbigay ng advise, I'm still on process of learning also..
    Ang importante nakapagsimula ka at tuloy tuloy lang sa pag-aaral at pagtupad ng pangarap. God bless!

    ReplyDelete