"BIG C" Battle : Update, Thankful Heart and Realization in Life

UPDATE
6th Chemotheraphy Session @ SJDEFI Hospital
           I finished my 6th chemo last April 24 and went to the hospital last May 15 for follow check up. I underwent 3 CBC (Complete Blood Count)  exam after my chemo because my hemoglobin and wcb results were too low and I was not allowed to go to public places because my health might be compromised. It was only on the 3rd CBC exam that it went back to the normal range and finally last May 15 the doctor gave me a go signal that I can go to the mall and meet my friends. And the good news was I will only be monitoring my CA 125 result & follow up check up every three months. Though the oncologist told me she cannot assure the cancer will not recur I'm am still thankful that I was given a chance to live my life again. And even if I'm bald and have one to three strands of hair on my eyebrows and eyelashes, I am excited and I'm looking forward to have my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes back, "Hayy, namiss ko talagang mag-shampoo, magsuklay at mag-ayos ng kilay."
my latest no kilay look  - edited with face magic apps
THANKFUL HEART

         I've already sent some thank you messages to all the people who gave financial support for my medical expenses thru email but I still want to thank you guys here as I know that some of you are following my journey here in my site. To Joan, April, Edel, Chi, Ardy and to all who gave financial support and prayers for recovery I want to thank you guys with all my heart. You were all a big part of my journey as I face this battle and I know that you were all God's instrument in showing His love and care to me. I may not be able to pay you back financially but I pray that GOD will bless you all abundantly. I will also try to help others the best way I possibly can and through this blog I hope I can inspire others to appreciate and be thankful to God for the life that we have now.

REALIZATION IN LIFE

          Before I undergo my 4th chemo session, I encountered some health problem. My blood pressure shoots up to 170/120. From 130/100, 140/100, 150/120 to 170/120 - I didn't notice any signs of my bp going up just some headache and neck pain. I hated myself that I cannot control my blood pressure and cannot accept it that day. I felt something ticking in my head and got scared about it. As I told myself, "Di yata ako mamamatay sa cancer e, baka sa stroke ako ma-one time big time dahil sa lakas ng pitik sa ulo ko & I prayed - Lord wag muna ngayon." But thank God, through some medication administered through IV it went down to 140/90 and now my blood pressure went back to 100/70.
        My realization now is that no matter how we plan our lives and our future still our lives is in God's hand. If it is God's will to get back the life that He gave to us then it will happen. As what my "lodi" Steve Jobs said - "Death is the inevitable, a life's change agent and a destiny we all share. So whichever stage in life we are at right now, with time, we will face the day when the curtain comes down."
          So while we live in this world we should honor thy God, treasure and love our family & friends and appreciate the life that we have now for we only have one journey, one opportunity and one chance to live and enjoy our life.


Have a great day!!!
 

7 comments:

  1. Looking good, Grace! And I can't wait to see you look better with hair again! You are a living witness to God's eternal love and mercy. Praise be to Him! True, let's all enjoy life while it lasts; each one of us only has one life to live, after all. God bless you and take care always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ms edel, you are also a living proof of God's love. Maraming Salamat sa tulong mo. May God Bless you abundantly.

      Delete
  2. Hi sis, thank God and your into road of healing and recovery. About sa buhok and eyebrows naku tutubo din yan sis. :) Anyhow, ituloy na natin ang meet-up natin sis kapag malakas lakas ka na.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis, oo tumutubo na nga ang kilay at buhok ko - nakikita ko na ngayon ang mga umuusbong na hibla ng buhok ko. Pag okay na ko, lets meet gusto rin kita makita. Sa ngayon may after effects pa ang chemo ko at mas matindi yata ngayon, 3 months daw to at yung iba raw 1 year pa.

      Delete
  3. Hello Ms. Grace,

    You reminded me of a friend who's recently been diagnosed of Stage 4 breast cancer. She already had an operation, kung saan tinanggal ang left breast nya. I felt devastated and and had a glimpse of what it is to be battling cancer or any kind of disease. Nagbigay sa akin yung ng realizations about life. Naging conscious at aware ako sa health ko. I did my own research how to prevent at maicure ang cancer para maishare din sa friend ko. If this could help po, maari nyu isearch ang intermittent fasting and ketogenic diet. May mga studies na naconduct and successful stories of people na cancer-free po dahil eto ang ginawa nila. Honestly, I started my Ketogenic diet late last year even before pa madiagnose ang friend ko to reverse my PCOS and to loss weight. So far po, maayos ang naging result sa akin although it takes time pa para mareverse ang PCOS, span of 1 1/2 years ang binigay ng doctor sa akin para maireverse ang PCOS ko completely.

    I am just sharing baka makatulong po papanu. I am sharing this video for educational purposes. From there, you can research more about sa Intermittent Fasting and Ketogenic diet. Heto po ang video:

    https://youtu.be/Q9socQcwPIs

    God bless , Ms. Grace and may God bring complete healing to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing sis, pinanood ko yung link mo pero di pede sa akin pa yung ketogenic diet. Actually, me pinuntahan din ako sa tarlac na natural medicine hospital similar dun yung ketogenic diet kasi no carb diet yun kaso di ko kinaya yung protocol diet nila kasi na-trigger ang hyperacidity ko na napunta sa acid reflux kaya ngayon nagpapagaling muna ako sa acid reflux ko. Thanks a lot for sharing much appreciated ko yung pag share mo ng info sa akin. God bless.

      Delete
  4. You're very much welcome po, Ms. Grace. Parang alam ko din po yun, Ms. Grace. Si Dr. Farrah po yata yun ano?Kamusta na po acid reflux nyu? May mga groups po ako na sinalihan at isa sa mga namention nila na nagpagaling ng acid reflux po is Apple Cider Vinegar kaya nakakapag Intermittent Fasting na po sila. Hindi ko lang po alam kung makakapaghelp sa inyo. Personally ako po umiinom ng ACV first thing in the morning at wala naman po akong negative na nararamdaman kahit ininom ko po sya on an empty stomach kahit na ang first meal ko po ay 3:00PM pa dahil nagiintermittent fasting din po ako. God bless you po, Ms. Grace and claiming sa patuloy nyu pong pag galing.

    ReplyDelete