"Minsan lang naman" Spending

 
 
          Graduation day... though it was a very special day to me it doesn't mean that I have to spend more on this occasion. I didn't practice the "minsan lang naman" saying that we should spend more money on this very rare event in life but instead I used it as a motivation to look for alternatives that can lessen my expenses on this special day.

On dress - Initially, my plan was to wear black pants and blouse but they told me it isn't suitable for the occasion. Luckily,  I ended up wearing the dress I borrowed from my sister in law. So why buy if you can borrow anyway, "minsan lang naman gagamitin, di ba?"
On jewelry - I spent ten pesos on my pair of earrings - yes you read it right, just P10 for the fake pearl earrings. I also found an old fake pearl necklace that I bought at P10 few years ago and used the pearl bracelet from Palawan given by my brother. "Minsan lang naman gagamitin" so why buy an expensive one, right?

On shoes - Initially my plan was to use my old black shoes with 1" heels but the school required a higher one so I bought a pair of bronze colored heeled shoes at P499 only. So even if "minsan lang naman gagamitin",  my mother told me I should own one because I might need it in the future anyway. (Can't borrow from my sister in law - her shoes has very high heels :))
New shoes / old bag
On bag - Well, we all know girls/women are addicted to bags especially on important occasion and I'm one of those guilty ones but I am sticking to my no spending on bag rule I set to myself last year. Fortunately, I found an old bag given by my cousin few years ago and it still looked good. "Minsan lang naman gagamitin, e" so why buy if you already have one anyway.

On make up - I actually plan on wearing no make up at all but after our yearbook photoshoot I became more concern on how to look more beautiful on graduation day. So I bought a cheap false eyelashes at P20 but my problem was who's going to put it on my eyelid. So my mother told me "hay naku minsan ka lang magpaganda, magpamake-up kana." So I spent P400 on make up and got an opportunity to wear that P20 false eyelashes I bought, "minsan lang naman di ba?". I consider it as a gift to myself, anyway.
final make-up transformation-with P20 false eyelashes
           So there goes my "minsan lang naman" story but whether it is a "minsan lang naman" spending or common day spending, we have to think thrice before letting go of our money. It's hard to earn money right that's why we have to spend wisely. How bout you? Have you had this "minsan lang naman spending moment" in your life?

Till then. Have a great day and God Bless.

8 comments:

  1. Uy grumaduate ka na pala sis! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats sis! Ang ganda ng OOTD mo dun sa graduation day mo. Di halatang on the budget yan. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, lam mo naman ako mababaw lang kaligayahan :)

      Delete
  3. You look pretty ma'am grace congrats on your graduation. Thanks for inspiring me to be more concious of spending,saving and investing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, Glad I was able to inspire you. God Bless.

      Delete
  4. Sulit naman yung make up! And the shoes, ang ganda ng kulay. Complementing lahat ng nahiram and owned mo hehe. And salamat sa reminder about minsan lang naman and minsan lang naman gagamitin hehehe. Congratulations again, Ms. Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, sulit talaga. Make up lang at sapatos talaga ang di ko matiis na pagkagastusan, mabigat pa sa loob ko yan ha pero kahit paano sulit naman talaga ang kinalabasan sa special day ko. Thanks uli God Bless.

      Delete