Sembreak, Working Student Blues & Triumphs Re-post

This was my blogpost last May and after reading it again today I decided to re-post it because I love how it reminded me of my last crucial days at TUP. And because I treasure this post let me share it again.

*****
At last ... third semester is over!
I survived the third and final semester of my course in TUP. Last two weeks was really tiring.
(Now I know why our department head was hesitant to sign my request for 3  additional subjects - 24 units equals 8 subjects in one semester for a working student, overload na daw ako- still I beg for it & thankful he allowed me. But I didn't realize that it will be this hard -"ganito pala kadugo ang third sem" )
Unit exams, term test and final projects lined up last week. I needed to take a leave for one week in our office so I can focus more.
Yesterday, I submitted the draft of my thesis. It was the last and the hardest project I attended to.
But all my tiredness fades away after I handed over the draft & presented it to my professor because finally its all done. It really felt good to know that I surpass the challenge I set to myself last year. And now, I'm back to my original "bahay-trabaho" routine, ...and back to blogging arena again.

*****
Few months ago, I stopped blogging & "pouring my emotions" here because I felt that I'm adding up too much negative emotions here so I decided not to post and just delete some of it. Here's a part of the blog I wrote last month but decided not to post it.
photo courtesy of -hdwallpapersfit.com
"I tried to be optimistic everyday, always looking for the brighter side of everything...but not today.
As what my psychology teacher once told us, sometimes we have to release our true emotions so we can release whatever it is that's been hiding inside - the anger, the loneliness, the frustrations & the expectations I have not met. These are all about me and not the people around me. I just felt that I'm in a "bottleneck" situation again, problems kept on piling again and I felt like I was draining myself again not only financially, but mentally as well. I'm on the third & final semester again and I needed to allot an extra time for my studies but our company also demands my presence at work. There were times I feel that I must dedicate most of my time at work but then I cannot sacrifice my school days since I'm in the most crucial stage of my studies. Financially, I am really not in good shape these days - not only because of the delayed salary we experience at work but my supplementary cardholders are also adding some financial burdens to me as well..."

*****
There will be lots of time that I'll be having these kind of mood, especially now that I am having trouble with my finances. What's important is that I can now deal with it with open mind. That I think is maturity, that kind of attitude I want to possess now that I'm in my forties.
Today, I am really happy that I survived this semester. I just need few months or 400 hours of practice teaching & one more subject to finish this course.

Till then. Have a great day ahead!!!
God Bless.

4 comments:

  1. Whenever I feel stuck, or burdened by problems, I try to remind myself that going through those things in life make us a better person :) You're such a strong person, you'll overcome them- maybe not tomorrow or the next day, but you will, soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ms. jackie, I also remind myself that everything happens for a reason & that it will help me be a better version of myself in the future. Thanks a lot sis. God Bless.

      Delete
  2. May mga times talaga sis na madodown lalo kung sabay sabay ang sacrifice. pero dadating din ang time na lahat ng sakripisyo will pay off. until that times, tiis tiis lang and prayer sis :) Bilib ako sayo kasi working student ka and talagang nagpupursige ka sa goals mo. God bless sis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement sis. Yes, I also believe na may kapalit ang hirap at sakripisyo ng. Thanks uli & God Bless.

      Delete