Going Green & Natural: The Best Things in Life are Free 1

        Libre! Libre Libre! Sa mahihirap na tulad ko, mahilig tayo ng libre! Whenever there are promo products at the mall given for free or whenever there are freebies attached to a product at the store I automatically grab it. Ang sarap pag libre di ba? But in our daily lives we didn't notice that God has first given us freebies that are very essential to our health and these freebies are present everywhere. Here's the list of four freebies that we should take advantage and be thankful for:

1. SUNLIGHT
         We're lucky we live in the Philippines where sunlight is abundant except of course during rainy season. We all know that sunlight is a good source of Vitamin D and doctors usually advise mothers to take out their infants and expose their back skin on sunlight to strengthen their bones. "Noon madalas kong nakikita sa lugar namin ung mga nanay na nagpapaaraw ng baby pero ngayon bihira na." Well, if its best for babies it is also best for adults like us and the good thing is - it is given freely by GOD. So be thankful to GOD if "Haring Araw" strikes his rays in the morning.


2. FRESH AIR
         One of my dreams before is to live and grow old in the province where there are lots of trees and plants around unfortunately we have no place in our province and I live in the city where air pollution is pretty much everywhere. But I am thankful to God that I still see trees around our neighborhood and I can still enjoy breathing the oxygen it releases. We know that oxygen is good for  our brain and lungs so if you happen to pass through an area where there are lots of trees take a deep breath and take advantage of the fresh air that God gave us through those trees.


3. WATER
         I cannot exactly say that drinking water is free although God gave it originally to mankind freely but I guess its the cheapest health supplements I can recommend - Our body needs 2 liters of water to be healthy but its therapeutic if we take 3-4 liters daily. It's what I did 4 years ago that made my cyst smaller and after 1 year it disappeared. And my OB Gyne  before asked me "Anong ginawa mo ba't lumiliit yang cyst? I answered, just healthy routine only (3 liters of water, 1000 steps of walking and vegetables & fruit daily). "Na-stress, nakampante at napabayaan ko lang ang sarili ko sa unhealthy lifestyle kaya nung bumalik na aggressive at malignant na yung ovarian cyst ko.'  So to live a healthy lifestyle, drink lots of water.


4. SOIL
          One of my professors in TUP told us, we're fortunate we live in the Philippines where 80% of our soil is productive if only Filipinos take good care of our land and make use of its benefits. So I realize why not take advantage of the soil and since my doctor gave an advice to me that it is always best to go natural I started planting. I wanted to grow my own foods and herbs in front of our house kahit na sa paso o sa balde lang. "Yung tipong pipitas ka lang kapag kelangan ng gulay o dahon pag kelangan." And that assures me that what I am eating are fresh and organic vegetables. I am thankful that God helped me grow plants through His soil and sunlight that He gave us for free. I now have malunggay, guyabano, lagundi,oregano, serpentina, balbas pusa, lemon grass or tanglad, ampalaya in front of our house. I am still trying to grow upland kangkong, kalabasa and camote tops planted in lumang balde, sana lumago sila, heheh. Again, our soil is free why not take advantage of it, we just need to use organic stuffs like vegetables or banana peels and egg shells to fertilize it.


         There you have it, our freebies from God. We may not be financially blessed but we should always be thankful that God is taking care of us by giving the best in our lives for free. As what the Bible says;

 26 Look at the birds. 
"They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns,
 for your heavenly Father feeds them. 
And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 

Matthew 6:26 (NIV)

ALWAYS TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment