Sixth goal - Budgeting


My sixth goal- BUDGETING.

After I received my salary - approximately P 5,500 net, automatically it will be divided, I can't follow the 70-20-10 method since my income is already tight and the percentage is not suitable. I just need to stick to my budget and what is important is that I still have some amount for my savings/emergency fund, investment & for charity too.

I also have this so called stapler method for my daily allowance (P 150.00 for no overtime day & P180.00 for my overtime day) to prevent myself from spending above my per day allowance.

                                                    This is my hapit budget format :)
                               Tracking down expenses is also important so I made a list too.
                                     I've been monitoring my expenses since january 2014.
Well, March is an adjustment period for me " its a mall ban month for me" hahah.


EXPENSES SUMMARY

Every 15th:
Rice/Mama/groceries    =   2,000.00 (1,000-rice, 500-mama, 500-groceries)
15-day work allowance =   2,100.00+++
For Emergency Fund    =      365.00
For Invest Fund            =      365.00
Church / Give fund       =      365.00
other personal needs      =     300.00

Every 30th:
Electric/Water/PLDT/
St.Peter Plan/Mama     =     2,000.00 (600-electric, 250-water, 200-pldt, 550-st.peter, 400-mama)
15-day work allowance =   2,100.00+++
For Emergency Fund    =      365.00
For Invest                      =      365.00
Church / Give fund       =      365.00
other personal needs      =     300.00


I just got out of so many credit card debts last year mostly due to impulsive buying & unplanned expenses. Thanks to all the finance articles & tips I read in facebook & the seminar I attended @ IMG I was able to manage my finances now. (parang napakalaki ng sweldo ko no, heheh? but seriously if you dont manage your finances malaki man o maliit ang sweldo without proper knowledge you'll be doomed to debt).
 Luckily I still live with my parents & I have a brother who also shares on paying bills & other panggastos to my nanay.

Hopefully I can continue to train myself in spending only what is needed & essential in my daily routines and to discipline myself in living a minimum wager lifestyle.

The principle. "If you can't increase your means then you have to live below your means".

Now, its time for my next goal.











2 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Grace, I just started reading your blog yesterday. I would like to say thank you for sharing your life through your posts. It made me realize na kung kaya mong ayusin finances mo kahit sa maliit lang na amount of income, kaya ko rin. God bless you Ms. Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again thank you so much for reading my posts and you can make it through kahit ako hirap pa rin financially basta sinusulat ko ang goals ko para mas clear & attainable yung mga target goals ko. Oks na unahin mo muna emergency funds bago investments. Thanks & God bless!

      Delete