My Sari Sari Store Experience Part 2

         Hello everyone! Here I go again missing my blogging world, "hirap pala ng walang internet sa bahay, mas magastos sa binabayad kong P200 sa kapatid ko dati :).". Anyway, my post today is all about my new found interest. I never thought that life after my Big C Battle will give me a new direction in life, that a businessman inside me will be awaken, and that I'll be interested in running my own mini sari sari store.

My Mini Sari Sari Store -Front Side
My Mini Sari Sari Store - on the side
       
         The first three months was experimental. I needed to establish these primary factors first - familiarity, availability, variety, consistency and affordability.

Familiarity - I became friendly with my neighbors and have a little chat with them during my first few months - I need to know their wants, their needs and their interests. I think there are only 10 families in our area and most of them are working and only few are staying and consistently buying their basic needs in my store so I need to be familiar with the brand of products they want and the kind of products they need.

Availability -  I may not be able to offer all the brand and products they want and need but I try my best to provide it in my store - from coffee, milk, canned goods, soap, shampoo, detergents, fabric conditioner, basic medicines, softdrinks, condinents, charcoal, diapers, biscuits, monay bread, basic school supplies, etc. - everything should be present in my store. 

Variety - I have an approximate 1.2 sq. meter area in my store so I  maximize the area, took advantage of the height to display all the brand of products of every customer in my area.

Affordability- Our house is located in a bit remote area (medyo malayo sa main road at dead end area) , I also have a very small crowd of customer so I need to know their financial capability and align it to the products I'm selling. Basic products should be affordable and lower than price from of other sari sari store.

Consistency - The opening and closing time of the store should be consistent- 5:30am to 6am in the morning and 10pm -11pm in the evening. My mother and my kuya are alternately helping me with the opening and closing of the store. 

         Those were the basic factors that I established first when I was starting my mini sari sari store. The profit or earnings may not be much but I think it's enough to cover some of my financial needs and it's a big help to me since I am still on the process of healing both mentally, physically and emotionally as well.

         Indeed, God is so gracious in redirecting my lives. I may not know what lies ahead but I have faith that God will do amazing things in the future. 

        I'll be posting and sharing more of my sari sari store experience later.
       
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
                                                                                                                     Jeremiah 29:11
          
Guys, I am also open for suggestion here if you have any. Till then.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Naks! Parang last year ang konti pa lang ng mga tinitinda mo, ngayon parang unti-unti na syang lumalaki at lumalago. Hoping na mag-expand pa yang business mo soon! Miss ko na mga tipid tips mo sa household budget at yung mga potted plants mo. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis! maliit lng kc tindahan ko kya madaling mapuno at mukhang maraming tingnan. Marami pa ring kulang pero pinipilit kong makumpleto. Naku sis, sabi ko nga sa nanay ko sana noon pa ko nagtindahan malaki na siguro ang gain ng investment ko, heheh kung sa tindahan ako nag invest. Pag lumago ang talbos ng kamote ko magpopost ako, namatay kc ung malunggay at kalamansi ko, sunod kong post about tindahan pa rin, heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolness sis! basta may tiaga may nilaga. Palaguin mo store mo! Kahit kami din lagi nauubusan ng sabon or something at napapabili talaga. Pero bawal utang dapat hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, di maiwasan ang di magpautang. Ako na yung nakikiusap na wag umabot ng 6 months ung utang nila awa ng Diyos kahapon na fully paid na at may isa pa akong pinapakiusapan ng na wag paabutin ng 6 months pero sa iba inaapply ko na ang credit limit at 1 month credit line. Thank God moving and rolling na ang puhunan at may nadagdag n akong mga client dito. God Bless Sis

      Delete