Simple Joys

My one year old nephew has lots of toys.
We already have 2 big megabox full of toys in our house.
And that's because his parents keeps on buying him toys regularly.
Some are ordinary ones, but there were few that I think are expensive.
(Note: I have a principle in buying - that anything above 1k is already expensive).

Last saturday, my nephew kept on crying because he wanted the plastic cover of a milk can as his toy.
My mother & I decided not to give it to him instead we offered him his toys stored in megabox but he just throws some of it and scattered the rest.
My kuya then ordered us "Hay naku, ibigay nyo na yan, magkakalat lang ng laruan yan, bili kasi ng bili ng bagong laruan ang dami na nga, hindi naman nya kailangan yan, simple lang gusto nyan. Bigyan mo lang yan ng iba ibang takip o kahit baunan lang basta bago sa paningin nya maligaya na yan." So we have no choice but to give in with my nephew's wants.
my one year old nephew

True enough, my nephew has simple joys.
He would get so excited whenever he sees our neighbor's dog named "Johnny".
He would say "boo" whenever he hears the sound of an airplane passing through our area and points in its direction.
He likes picking ants whenever he saw them walking in line on the floor, "ay talagang pupulot sya ng isang langgam, ang kulit".
He would giggle & clap his hands whenever he sees birds flying from one tree to another.

Life is simple. It only becomes complicated the moment we give in to our materialistic desires.
Just like my brother who's so consumed with material stuffs that he forgot the joy of having simple things in life. These simple things brings simple joy. Simple joy that does not require enormous amount of money to experience it. The joy of material possession is insignificant especially to that little nephew of mine. As what my professor once told us, "give them simple and ordinary things so they can have the opportunity to explore, be more creative and imaginative."

Living a simple life is one of the things I cherish today. Though I have a low/delayed salary paying job I am happy that I can still provide for my family's needs. Though I may not be successful in my career I'm happy that I belong to a family environment company. Though I have a small & not so beautiful house, I'm happy because I can call it home. A loving family & a nephew who's so naughty, they are the living proof of God's blessing


How 'bout you?
What are your simple joys in life?
Have a great day ahead.

8 comments:

  1. That is so true. My kids actually like simple toys so we don't buy them a lot or expensive ones. Sa mga karton pa nga lang masaya na sila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totoo, nakakatuwa sila kasi ang babaw ng kaligayan nila. Kaya minsan inspirasyon ko pamangkin na dapat maging simple lang din ang "wants" ko at ma-appreciate ko ang lahat ng blessings ni God sa buhay ko.

      Delete
  2. "Life is simple. It only becomes complicated the moment we give in to our materialistic desires." I love how you said this. As human beings we have developed a certain longing for materialistic dreams, that it is hard for us to be satisfied with the joy of every day simple things. Lalo na sa social media, ang daming temptations. It's up to us talaga to fight or give in hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right sis! That's the problem of our society today. Hirap ire-resist ng temptation kasi kaliwa't kanan ang mall plus the social media and napakadaming online shops na. Kaya nawawala yung boundary minsan ng needs & wants. Kaya ako I'll try to simplify pa my lifestyle para maka-resist ako. Thanks for dropping by sis & God bless!!!

      Delete
  3. Ms. Grace welcome back sa blogging world. Namiss kong magbasa ng mga updates about sayo. Hehe. Kamsuta ang school? Minsan yang mga simple joy na yan ang nakakalimutan ko kaya naiistress ako minsan sa buhay. Haha. Buti pa ang bata ang simple lang mag-isip unlike kapag naging matanda na dun na pumapasok lahat ng struggle. Nyahaha. Anyway, ang cute ng pamangkin mo. Hihi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis. Kelangan ko kasing mag-focus sa schoolkaya tumigil muna kong mag-blog - last & final sem na kasi yun. After ng school life ko, nag-iba ang perspective ko. At lalo pa pag nakikita ko yung pamangkin ko at ang complicated financial lifestyle ng kapatid ko. Kaya medyo ire-revise ko na lang goals and isi-simplify ko pa ang lifestyle ko. Ngayon pa lang din ako magbabasa ng blogs nyo. Thanks for dropping by sis. God Bless!!!

      Delete
  4. Indeed, there's joy in a simple life. Namiss ko magbasa ng mga posts mo, Grace! Salamat at nagbalik ka na! Sem break nyo na ata, noh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ms edel! Yes, sembreak namin pero next month start ulit. Namiss ko ring mag-blog sobra kaya nabawi ako ngayon.

      Delete