The Story of our House, The Story of my Life - Part 2

Last week my mother & I were having a little conversation where the topic went to our house.
I asked her, " Pano yan Ma, kapag sa tenant na-award san ako kukuha ng pambayad?"
And my mother replied, " Easy ka lang wag mo munang gaanong isipin yan, me lumalaban pa naman. Isipin mo na lang kung umuupa pa rin tayo, sulit na rin ba yung ginastos natin?" well that makes sense.
I started working Feb 6, 1996 where my daily rate was only P 109.00 and I was 21 yrs old only. After few months, I was in charge of paying our monthly rent which is only P500.00 since then it has become one of my obligation to the family. Fast forward, we moved to Taguig 1998 and three to four times we moved in different houses where the rent varies from P 1,500 to P 3,000 pesos and finally we moved in our own house year 2001.
So I made a chart again assuming that we were still renting today, as what Sharon Lechter says in a podcast interview - "Numbers tell a story, so we have to be comfortable with numbers".
I just made an assumption here that every three years the house rentals we're up by P 500.00 based on my experience, on the improvements on the house & on the running house rentals here. I deducted the approx total expenses vs the total assumed rent & the result is pleasing to my eyes.
By seeing those charts above somehow made me feel good today, I think "sulit na sulit na rin yung gastos" knowing that there's a big difference between renting & taking that risk 14 years ago. I just can't imagine how hard our lives will be today, if until now we're still renting. I guess my mother knows me well to make me realize that I have to be thankful that God has given a not only a House but most importantly a Home where I am now enjoying peaceful living with my family (my father is not drinking alcohol anymore). I am only more concerned now with my parent's health. I guess I have to deal with my "worrier" attitude to keep moving.

Have a Great Day Guys!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Korek, Grace, positive thinking na lang lagi. Faith kay God ang nagdala sa inyo sa bahay na yan, diba ikaw na rin nagsabi andami nyong issues before (financially down, physically down, family problems, etc.) pero you made it. Naitayo ang bahay at hanggang ngayon andyan kayo. Faith din kay God ang magtatawid sa inyo sa problem nyo ngayon about as issue with the tenant. And yes, ang linaw sa chart na ginawa mo ang laking tipid nyo as compared kung nagrerent pa din kayo until today. Basta focus ka na lang sa pag-achieve sa financial goals mo. :)

    P.S. About the health ng parents, problem ko din yan. Balak ko sila ikuha ng Philcare ER Vantage (thank you ulit sa iyo ko nalaman ang tungkol dyan!), yung P1,300 nila na one-time use pero kasama na admission up to P80k ang coverage. Panalo na, diba? If magamit nila within a year, okay, if hindi okay pa rin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support ms edel!

      Nabasa ko rin yung Philcare Vantage, maganda talaga. kaso up to 64 yrs old lang ang covered my parents are both 65 yrs old na kasi. Need ko tlaga makahanap ng any health care program for them andami na kasi nilang nararamdaman esp my mother plus na-stroke na rin kasi father ko.

      Maganda rin yung Philhealth Z program na naipost ni mam jill kaso may mga certain cases lang din ang coverage.

      Delete
    2. Ay oo up to 65 years old lang nga. Yung parents ko kasi pasok pa dun, 60y.o. & 58y.o. sila. :)

      Delete
    3. Automatic coverage na ng Philhealth ang senior citizens!

      It's not much, but with healthy emergency funds + Philhealth + good health = pwede na rin. It's better than nothing.

      Delete
    4. Hi Jill, does that mean even if they didn't sign up with Philhealth (no contirbutions at all), covered na sila basta senior citizens sila? Pls. enlighten me. TIA. :)

      Delete
    5. Yes mam jill please do enlighten us, I'm interested too :))

      Delete
  2. kame nga dito renting 2500/month. Up and down. Mura noh? Binabaha naman ung down. :P


    https://supahlalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kami rin kaya malapit sa creek pero nung bagyong ondoy lang kami binaha :), mataas kasi ung ibang area sa Taguig, ok na yan mura na talaga yan, mahal na kasi mga upahan talaga, konting tiis na lang :)

      Delete
  3. Napunta ako dito through Jill of Frugal Honey, super enjoyed reading your posts. You make me realize how I should be grateful for the things I have today, sobrang inspiring mga kwento mo. Please continue blogging, nilagay ko blog mo sa Feedly para pag may bago kang post makikita ko :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thanks a lot sis, we really have a lot of things to be thankful/grateful these days, actually mas maraming Pilipinong hirap kesa sa akin pero matibay pa rin. tnx again & God Bless!!!!

      Delete
  4. John14:1 Don't let your heart be troubled, trust in Him.

    Tama yan sis that you stop worrying and work on a solution. God bless sis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot sis!!!! It's a good thing I found blogging, I have support group here :) thanks again & God bless din.

      Delete